A direct search for downloads

MinerSpark

Have a search bar just for downloads themselfs for servers with alot of catagorys+sub-catagorys.

Simplifys things for alot of files.

What I mean is Live search/non live search directly for the same page, Rather then getting redirected to a diffrent page altogether to obtain a file that may or maynot exisit.

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by Caleb Stirling

You can search directly in Downloads if that’s what you mean. Click the search box, then select Downloads from the drop down and it will only search in downloads. Remember to use quotes to search a direct word. “Change Post Date” for example, and not just use: Change Post Date as a search term as it will search each word independently.

Edited by Dean_
Spelling

17 hours ago, Dean_ said:

You can search directly in Downloads if that’s what you mean. Click the search box, then select Downloads from the drop down and it will only search in downloads. Remember to use quotes to search a direct word. “Change Post Date” for example, and not just use: Change Post Date as a search term as it will search each word independently.

What i mean is a direct search from the download page, without beign redirected to a seprate search window, or a live search equiv.

10 hours ago, Interferon said:

I think searching in the current section should be the default behavior. I don't know why it isn't.

2 hours ago, CoffeeCake said:

The scope of a default search should be configurable by the administrator per application.

Yes, can we please get an option to configure the default selection?

The current behaviour is so annoying. Every single time I have to change "Everywhere" to a specific forum or other section I'm currently in. I do that in every IPS based forum including here and I get just exhausted.