Number of guests Recently Browsing topic right now?

1 minute ago, Maxxius said:

I'm starting to think that we're not communicating effectively.

Oh yes, you bet. Sorry.

IPS removes guests from the widgets. Example:

- in the widget:

$members = \IPS\Session\Store::i()->getOnlineMembersByLocation( \IPS\Dispatcher::i()->application->directory, \IPS\Dispatcher::i()->module->key, \IPS\Dispatcher::i()->controller, \IPS\Request::i()->id, $url );

And the method:

public function getOnlineMembersByLocation( $app, $module, $controller, $id, $url )
	{ 
		$members = array();
		$where = array(
			array( 'core_sessions.login_type=' . \IPS\Session\Front::LOGIN_TYPE_MEMBER ),
			array( 'core_sessions.current_appcomponent=?', $app ),
			array( 'core_sessions.current_module=?', $module ),
			array( 'core_sessions.current_controller=?', $controller ),
			array( 'core_sessions.running_time>' . \IPS\DateTime::create()->sub( new \DateInterval( 'PT30M' ) )->getTimeStamp() ),
			array( 'core_sessions.location_url IS NOT NULL AND location_url LIKE ?', "{$url}%" ),
			array( 'core_sessions.member_id IS NOT NULL' )
		);

if( $id )
		{
			$where[] = array( 'core_sessions.current_id = ?', \IPS\Request::i()->id );
		}

foreach( \IPS\Db::i()->select( 'core_sessions.member_id,core_sessions.member_name,core_sessions.seo_name,core_sessions.member_group,core_sessions.login_type,core_sessions.in_editor', 'core_sessions', $where, 'core_sessions.running_time DESC' ) as $row )
		{
			if( $row['login_type'] == \IPS\Session\Front::LOGIN_TYPE_MEMBER and $row['member_name'] )
			{
				$members[ $row['member_id'] ] = $row;
			}
		}

return $members;
	}

It checks twice if it's a member. Guests are excluded.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 3:23 PM, AlphaWulfx said:

yes and half of those guests are you and your ip

In the screen shot above, I am the only member logged in, 'GUIDE,' and all the others are Guests making a total of 14 guests and one member. My IP address is clearly shown, 47.13.164.144. All the other guests have different IP addresses. Please explain how you understand that 'half of those guests' are my IP address? I don't understand what you mean. As far as I know, the widget is working and shows how many 'guests' are online at any give time when I click on the widget link. Sometimes I have many guests viewing my site at any given time. The most were 499 guests earlier this month. I think this is a legitimate widget offered by Invision Community and works fine. 

Edited by bradybarrows

Check the IP addresses by clicking on them - if you have Google Maps or Mapbox activated it will give you an idea of their location, but the chances are they are search engine robots as they can use multiple IP addresses pointing to the same location.  They are not necessarily people looking 🙂

On 5/25/2021 at 4:00 PM, bradybarrows said:

In the screen shot above, I am the only member logged in, 'GUIDE,' and all the others are Guests making a total of 14 guests and one member. My IP address is clearly shown, 47.13.164.144. All the other guests have different IP addresses. Please explain how you understand that 'half of those guests' are my IP address? I don't understand what you mean. As far as I know, the widget is working and shows how many 'guests' are online at any give time when I click on the widget link. Sometimes I have many guests viewing my site at any given time. The most were 499 guests earlier this month. I think this is a legitimate widget offered by Invision Community and works fine. 

Aww because if you look where the guests are looking , its where you are or have been ,  .. and yes robots as well. 

On 5/26/2021 at 1:51 AM, Davyc said:

Check the IP addresses by clicking on them - if you have Google Maps or Mapbox activated it will give you an idea of their location, but the chances are they are search engine robots as they can use multiple IP addresses pointing to the same location.  They are not necessarily people looking 🙂

On 5/27/2021 at 5:17 AM, AlphaWulfx said:

Aww because if you look where the guests are looking , its where you are or have been ,  .. and yes robots as well. 

I didn't know this. Very sad. I thought the online guest widget really shows authentic guests.