[Cancel] Require a header image for each new blog entry

Interferon

I just did a check in the skin to see if a header image is provided, and I skip the "pattern" block if it is missing.

It would be good to be able to require the user to upload a header image for each new blog entry. This would prevent blogs without header images, but it would also put pressure on users to be more selective about posting a blog article, and encourage fewer high-quality articles. A lot of times my users will create a blog entry just for a single video or image, along with a short explanation, and I feel bad removing it but I don't like this happening.

Edited by Interferon

1 hour ago, Jordan Invision said:

Feeling this. I'd love the option for this on topics, too! 

I'd love that. I regret to enable the attachment system globally as I know my community will abuse uploading images every now and then. However it would be interesting to let users to set "header images" to every content unit so it would be used when sharing in social networks.

22 hours ago, Ibai said:

I'd love that. I regret to enable the attachment system globally as I know my community will abuse uploading images every now and then. However it would be interesting to let users to set "header images" to every content unit so it would be used when sharing in social networks.

This!! 

It would also be useful if you curate content. 

Example: your member gets moved into a group via Group Promotions. In this group, they can use the "Feature" tool. Problem is, the topics don't currently require a featured image. 

Yea, this would be a great option! 

Reading my description above, it sounds like I am talking about the blog header. What I meant was to require them to upload an image for a new blog entry, to help weed out low-effort blog entries. I have found that since the blog headers came into existence, my own blog entries have become fewer, longer, and more polished.

I don't have any opinion on the other things that were discussed here.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...