Single error in system log after Upgrade to 4.5: dupl column

Hi folks,

our upgrade to 4.5 went smooth after several tests, unfortunately our production install shows a single error message in our system log:

Error (1060) Duplicate column name 'prompt': addColumn ["core_oauth_authorize_prompts",{"name":"prompt","type":"ENUM","length":null,"decimals":null,"values":["login","reauthorize"],"allow_null":true,"default":null,"comment":"The requested prompt type","unsigned":false,"zerofill":false,"auto_increment":false,"binary":false}]

It was triggered by admin/upgrade/?controller=upgrade&key=ABC&mr=5&_=1616529281484

Anyone else had this error regarding the sql db column core_oauth_authorize_prompts?

Thanks,
Thomas

Hi IPS Team and community admins,

I have to raise the issue again, as it happened twice to me: During an upgrade from 4.4.3 -> 4.4.6 in 2019 and just recently when upgrading from 4.4.10 -> 4.5.4.2. Same error, same duplicate column. See a.m. [1] [2]

It is fine if a table or column has to be modified, of course. If it is within the nature of the upgrade process to add the column several times, with an expected error in case it is already there -several times after version changes- I tend to be fine with it, as well.
But I need to know, if this is the case, as we got the almost same error twice within 2 years.
@bfarber: I understood from your last answer back then that this happened due to a build system artifact which should have been sorted for a future maintenance in 2019; still I got an error about the same column just recently. 

I have to make sure that there isn't an underlying issue lying dormant in our pretty huge database.

Thank you,
Thomas 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

so should I ignore the message until the next upgrade?

My mission, thus this request, is to make sure there is no flaw lying dormant in our DB which leads to an error now or in the near future.
Atm we don't use OAuth and postponed the setup.

If this is non-issue due to the upgrader adds the column multiple times, that's fine for me, as well. 😌

Thanks,
Thomas