CP-Admin: Analytics three levels

MEVi

16 hours ago, MEVi said:

Hello,

It would be useful to be able to set a different tracking code for members who can connect to the CP-Admin and others like :

• Analytics Guests (google)
  • Analytics Members (Piwik)
  • Analytics CP-Admin (no tracking)

Thanks for the suggestion @MEVi

Can you please expand on how this would be useful for you? 

In piwik and co it is complex to make the distinction between a member and a non member. Allowing google to track members in non-public sections is problematic because I then have robots that generate errors "HTTP Errors 40x" and make it difficult to read the logs, to identify possible intrusion attempts.

The CP-Admin should be able to be hidden from the statistics or have another tracking code to guarantee the confidentiality of interactions, as well as for some sections of the forum that use a password there should be an option to say not to include it in the statistics or even have a menu to choose Piwik or Google...

I would like to have more flexibility to say that the forum is with piwik while pages are Google, or choose to base me on members if he connects then he will no longer be followed by Google. But administrators and moderators should have a feature to be able to be excluded from this tracking because it distorts the statistics if they are very active.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 9:09 PM, MEVi said:

Allowing google to track members in non-public sections is problematic because I then have robots that generate errors "HTTP Errors 40x" and make it difficult to read the logs, to identify possible intrusion attempts.

5 hours ago, MEVi said:

This does not work because users or robots exclude the Piwik script. What to do?

Analytics solutions aren't intrusion detection systems. If you need something that's looking for suspicious behavior, that solution should be ingesting your web server's logs or, more ideally, sit in front of your web server via something like a firewall and use things like inspection.

Matomo and Google Analytics are simply tools that help you understand your audience. You can only control the software running on your services and cannot force any user or robot to run software client side.