WebHosting ?

13 hours ago, AdamKxZ said:

Right now I'm using Vultr High Frequency VPS's for my site and they work very well. They offer additional IP addresses too and have great support and prices decently. Way more reliable and secure than Digital Ocean.

IONOS are for the moment the most interesting VPS. Thanks to @Linux-Is-Best 🎉 @The Heff

• 2GB RAM / 2 vCPU / SSD 80GB /…  5€ IONOS
  • 4GB RAM / 2 vCPU / SSD 120 GB /… 10€ IONOS
  • 6GB RAM / 2 vCPU / SSD 80 GB /… 12€ IONOS
  • 12GB RAM / 4 vCPU / SSD 120 GB /… 18€ IONOS

The Wildcard SSL Certificate any cheap company ?

13 hours ago, AdamKxZ said:

You should check out Rocky Linux which is set to be a direct replacement for CentOS.

More than a few upstart spinoff distros are claiming to be the 'successor' to CentOS.  I am not looking to jump on another bandwagon of unproven technology by yet another spinoff.  RockLinux has been claiming to be the 'successor' since 2020, and their Github has barely made any changes, not even in their development branch https://github.com/rocky-linux

SUSE has been around since 1994. It is one of the original Linux distros still in active development, alongside Slackware and Debian. They have proven themselves to be stable and dependable. Everything I was doing in CentOS I can do in SUSE. Every RPM package I wanted to use loaded and installed just fine in SUSE.  With a bit of modification on a test install, I was even able to set up Plesk (control panel), and most of that modification was to tell the install script (and one or two others scripts) to ignore that I was using SUSE.

Edited by Linux-Is-Best

40 minutes ago, The Heff said:

You can get a free SSL cert from Let's Encrypt, so no need to pay for one. Depending on your need, that might do.

The Ionos webhost does not offer it (Let's Encrypt), it's strange. It (Ionos) offers an SSL for the main domain name but not under the subdomain. 😕 Alternatively use PositiveSSL Wildcard for 32$/y it's very cheap.

2 minutes ago, MEVi said:

The Ionos webhost does not offer it (Let's Encrypt), it's strange. It (Ionos) offers an SSL for the main domain name but not under the subdomain. 😕 Alternatively use PositiveSSL Wildcard for 32$/y it's very cheap.

If you use a control panel like Plesk you just install the addon for it, you can still get one. Are you going to use a control panel?

11 hours ago, The Heff said:

If you use a control panel like Plesk you just install the addon for it, you can still get one. Are you going to use a control panel?

The answer pf support I got is that I need to buy a certificate (GeoTrust) through their website. This makes the Hetzner offer seem more interesting… 😲

Edited by MEVi

Regarding hosting providers, I have been using Linode for a couple of projects, and I'm happy with their service.

You also have Amazon Lightsail and Vultr with similar prices.

On 3/29/2021 at 10:51 PM, MEVi said:

The answer pf support I got is that I need to buy a certificate (GeoTrust) through their website. This makes the Hetzner offer seem more interesting… 😲

If you are going to use a VPS and manage it yourself, you can easily configure Lets Encrypt from command line.  This should take less work than buying a certificate.

Edited by ptprog