Overlay Live Quick Search [Support Topic]

I do have a question, does this app allows for custom build forms? For example, I made a custom form inside one of my page database that searches only for that database. This will definitely come in handy if it works the same way as normal searching. 

1 hour ago, Goza said:

I do have a question, does this app allows for custom build forms? For example, I made a custom form inside one of my page database that searches only for that database. This will definitely come in handy if it works the same way as normal searching. 

If you can search within your custom pages with the default IPS Quick Search Form, so you can do the same with this app.
This app literally uses the default IPS search form.

Edited by ReyDev

Is there the possibility to change the location of the search bar? Instead of in the top left of the page, can you have a search bar appear in the middle of the page, currently where it says 'Minimum 3 Words'? Have the search bar be there, rather than up high? I would like it in the middle of the page and then have the search results display.

2 hours ago, typography said:

Is there the possibility to change the location of the search bar? Instead of in the top left of the page, can you have a search bar appear in the middle of the page, currently where it says 'Minimum 3 Words'? Have the search bar be there, rather than up high? I would like it in the middle of the page and then have the search results display.

It is not 3 words but 3 characters and it can be changed.

3 hours ago, typography said:

@typography

This is a good point. At first I wanted to put it in the middle of the page as you mentioned (like many websites) but I skipped it because there is not enough space to display the search result.

Edited by ReyDev
On 3/19/2021 at 3:28 PM, ReyDev said:

@typography

This is a good point. At first I wanted to put it in the middle of the page as you mentioned (like many websites) but I skipped it because there is not enough space to display the search result.

I also think middle of the page would be nice. Upon first checking it out I was a little confused where to start. 😇 

Wondering... how will this adapt to my current theme you think? 

https://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/

Super awesome app though. Interested in getting soon! 

10 minutes ago, Jordan Invision said:
On 3/19/2021 at 5:28 PM, ReyDev said:

@typography

I also think middle of the page would be nice. Upon first checking it out I was a little confused where to start. 😇 

We will probably have this style soon. I'm working on it.

21 minutes ago, Jordan Invision said:

Wondering... how will this adapt to my current theme you think? 

https://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/

I think there should be a standard for template design. For example, instead of removing different sections, it is possible to deactivate them so that if users do not want a section, they can deactivate it.
Unfortunately, in most of the templates I saw, parts of the main structure of the IPS theme have been removed, which is the main problem. The same thing happened with your template.

So I decided to design the template too, I will publish soon 😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, christopher-w said:

Hey, I just went to your demo site and tried searching using the search box in the header and it returns 0 results. Is it broken?

Seeing this in the console:

image.thumb.png.9c9067a986b588c1e03c1401be697b64.png

@christopher-w

Thanks for your report
This plugin works properly and the problem you mentioned is due to the limitations of my host [too many requests] and has nothing to do with the functionality of the plugin.

• 1 year later...
37 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

Hi, if I use overlay search, no results are found for a certain term. If I switch to Advanced Search, 6 results are found. 

Could contain: Text, File, Page

After clicking on advanced search

Could contain: Page, Text

No errors in logs. I use ElasticSearch if it matters.

HI,
what's your website url , so ican check it out?

• 4 weeks later...

We have a problem caused by this extension.

The problem is most noticeable and is related to registration. When this app is enable, we can see permanent reloading page after trying of registration. So, people can't finish registration, so, we lost many registration from last month since this extention was enabled.

Testing and disabling app-by-app and plugin-by-plugin we've found the reason of this problem in this extention.

We need feedback to fix this problem.

10 hours ago, kreosam said:

The problem is most noticeable and is related to registration. When this app is enable, we can see permanent reloading page after trying of registration. So, people can't finish registration, so, we lost many registration from last month since this extention was enabled.

Testing and disabling app-by-app and plugin-by-plugin we've found the reason of this problem in this extention.

Did you disable all plugins and only this plugin was active and you got an error?
Because this problem may be related to the conflict between the two plugins!

11 hours ago, kreosam said:

I can confirm the behavior with endless redirection.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 10:15 PM, kreosam said:

I can confirm this issue also.

Have you some news for a fix @ReyDev ?

• 1 month later...