Small Quality of life improvement (editor)

Morrigan

When you paginate (which is an ajax refresh instead of a full refresh of the page) it would be nice if the editor didn't dump your data. I've done it on accident a few times but it would be nice to be able to move and review other posts sometimes in long threads and the only way to do that is to quote them all at once or have the thread open in a new tab.

Yea, that's not intentional and I can't reproduce it myself on our own community and my priv. board with Safari. Are you seeing this here on the community or only on your own community? I guess a ticket would be the best guess to investigate this further:) 

I can reproduce it here and on my community. I type something in, I go to the previous page it loads me in, I scroll back to the editor and its closed. SOMETIMES (very rarely mind you) it will have my cached save but most of the time not.

I'm using FF @Daniel F

Edit: I'll be honest, I thought it was working as intended.

Edited by Morrigan

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Works fine with FF here on this community:

Right but it shouldn't be reloading the editor at all (thus why I'm losing content a lot). There is nothing in the pagination that should need to touch the editor and thus the suggestion.

For me it rarely has the "previous content" like you see there sometimes it does but not normally.

On 3/10/2021 at 10:44 PM, Morrigan said:

Right but it shouldn't be reloading the editor at all (thus why I'm losing content a lot). There is nothing in the pagination that should need to touch the editor and thus the suggestion.

I 100% support this. The editor behaves erratically when moving to another page. Sometimes it will save and reload the content, sometimes it won't. Sometimes it'll reload an older comment I've already posted, and I really haven't found any way to see when it'll do what - so the only real course of action is to always act as if it'll drop all the content. 
I, like Moriggan, just thought it was intentional or another one of ckEditor's wired behaviors that nothing can really be done about. Glad to hear I was wrong and looking forward to having this fixed so I can finally stop being so freakin' anxious that I'll do something dumb that'd make the entire message get wiped 🤣