How to allow guests to vote in Poll?

I agree that this is something that would be great, however it comes with a number of caveats.  For example:

How do you know which guest has voted?

How can you stop this guest from voting again?

If this could be achieved by using a cookie, what's to prevent that guest from clearing their cookies and vote again, and again and again?

With members this is easily achieved as you know who the members are, but with guests not so easy because everyone is a guest until they register.  It would be very easy to circumvent and could lead to your poll results being skewed.  A member could vote, sign out and then vote again as a guest.

I've often thought about this myself and it would be good if guests could vote and rate but the big issue comes as to how you control that input.  So in principle I agree with your request, but in the cold light of day it doesn't look feasible 🙂

1 hour ago, Claudia999 said:

I was using this WordPress Plugin. Limitations for guests were Cookies and IP.

As mentioned above, both limitions are very easy to bypass. That being said, there is a way to see which guest voted more than twice even if they changed their ips or cleared their cookies. That is by generating an unique hash and associate it with a device each time a guest votes.  Then you can perform a conditional check to allow only one vote for device for guests. But it is not 100% foolproof as more than a user/guest can use the same device though. 

11 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

If you mean the device stuff used on IPS4, it also uses cookies. Even if it isn’t, same person can vote more than once (PC, notebook, tablet, cell phone, etc.).

Yes, that is correct. Hence why I said that it is not 100% foolproof.