I'm using nulled and want to switch paid one.

Hi, I love to using IPB and I'm currently using nulled IPB 4.5, I created my website 6 months ago and I was thinking when I got enough money to buy IPB with couple of it's addons, I'll switch to paid one.

So my question is, how to switch from nulled to paid one? Just purchase and upgrade it?

@Jordan Invision could you get this moved to a more relevant location, as it is nothing to do with the marketplace or the products available from there.

22 minutes ago, WonderingX said:

So my question is, how to switch from nulled to paid one? Just purchase and upgrade it?

Pretty much, yes - pay money, download package, upload to your site, run the upgrade (if necessary) But there may be other caveats - but never used a nulled version so no idea.

I'm assuming "nulled" means you pirated the software and its been modified in some way by someone to make it easier to pirate or not require a valid license key. Whoever modified the software to allow you to do this may not have the highest ethical standards, and for all you know, your copy may be doing not great things. You should likely treat your data and filesystem as suspect and as if they were compromised.

Rather than copy over valid files on your existing site, I would suggest that the safest way to proceed would be to use the importers to import the data from your existing situation into a legally purchased copy. I would not bring over any themes or plugins from your existing version, and instead ensure that those are acquired separately and from legitimate sources.

Kudos on you for being open and transparent.

4 hours ago, WonderingX said:

Hi, I love to using IPB and I'm currently using nulled IPB 4.5, I created my website 6 months ago and I was thinking when I got enough money to buy IPB with couple of it's addons, I'll switch to paid one.

One thing that I want to make sure you are fully aware of is that when you buy a license, there are many components tied to an active license: access to company forums, access to the Marketplace, access to the software.   

If you are unable or unwilling to keep up with a paid renewal every 6 months, you might be better off with another solution.   

The yearly renewal fee to a single license of Invision is the affordable price of $50. At the time of this post, that is more affordable (cheaper) than most anti-virus programs' subscription costs.  

That said @WonderingX, I would echo @Paul E.'s advice. A pirated copy can have many hidden, unwanted gremlins.  It would be best for you to install a fresh copy and import your old site into the new one instead of upgrading your current.  Although, after doing so, double-check to make sure only your approved admins and moderators are the only admins and moderators on your site.

Edited by Linux-Is-Best
format

I'd be concerned about backdoors, things that insert ad code, and things that might syphon data away about your members.

If cost is an issue (though you've not mentioned that here), there are wonderful open source, free as in beer options to pursue while you build out your community. There are very, very good options in that space that would be far preferable to use over questionably acquired and modified software, or a license you're not keeping up to date and installing bug fixes on and that are very competitive with what IPS offers.

You can always use a converter to migrate to IPS if/when that makes sense for you.

You're not the only one who's gone down this path 🙂 Easiest way is as CoffeCake describes. Delete the system files (keep your uploads and such), and upload the fresh install files directly from Invision. That should give you a functioning community, login to your AdminCP to finish the setup/ license key verification then run the setup tool to resolve the rest of any issues.