Pages stuff, again

Morrigan

Its been a while, I know, but I want to bring us back around to pages databases and organization. Its still a mess and annoying.

I've been asking for ages for ways to better order things when it comes to Pages Databases. At the moment things are listed in one of two ways:
Alphabetically or by Database ID this is both in the ACP and on the front end.

I don't think this is good for anyone and I really am hoping to get an ordering system for Pages Databases this will reorder things similar to how I suggest it here:

The ordering is just atrocious if you look at them each. Here is how they are listed when you are clicked on databases:

image.png.7e23e96e3d0a3c73c9e9a3eaac170419.png

This is the ACP sidebar: (Edit: I just remembered that the sidebar you can manually reorder in the ACP sidebar, the annoying part here is new databases pop to the top instead of the bottom and so you have to re-order these all the time)

image.thumb.png.53cf173d1a1e806d12a3d152f2b38fdd.png

Hopefully you can see the discrepancy here already.

This is the create menu:
image.png.76d2298e798e41576ebd369f2e9ab76d.png.

This is my profile which is only consistent with the Mod CP (Not screenshotting as they are identical)

image.png.d737105db38aa9ac8d6b7f72a11fd16e.png

As you can see there is no consistency (save for profile to ModCP which list them in Database ID order where no where else does). It also doesn't leave anything for you to put the most important and what you want to be prevalent content closer to the top where less important information is further down on any of these lists. I would like for my order to be Directory, Guides, Reviews, Resources toward the top as these are user submitted content items where News I don't want my Newsletter posts in my profile, the comments make sense since all of my users can comment but I'm one of the only ones that can create Newsletters.

I want better control of my menus and my databases.

For now I will continue to use the magic of CSS but I still think that a better solution needs to be provided for at least some of this.

Edited by Morrigan