Custom stream as home page

Go to solution Solved by opentype,

• Solution

Kind of. You can create a new page with Pages and then add the Activity Stream widget on it. It doesn’t allow you to chose an existing stream, but there are some settings to create a custom stream. 

You can also link a custom stream as “home” link from the menu, but that wouldn’t automatically picked up from other places like the logo. I am actually using that on one of my sites and I customized the logo template to link to “discover/6/”

1814777862_Bildschirmfoto2021-02-28um09_12_06.png.97d13b85bca34cb4c36351b414d350fb.png

Edited by opentype

Thank you @opentype

I thought about the widget, but I need the Filtering options that the stream offers and the widget doesn't. Unfortunately many people would access the community by typing the URL directly. So I'd like to ensure that everyone is properly redirected to this stream page (that I also customized a bit through the stream wrapper template)

I was testing this .htaccess approach, but it doesn't seem to be working I'm not sure why 🤔

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/folder/?$
RewriteRule (.*) /folder/discover/8 [R=301,L]

(my community is in a folder, not in the root)

edit: I had a conflict with another htaccess line of code (since it's in a sub-folder) which prevented the code above to function... So it works as expected thankfully.

Thank you @opentype again for your help!

Edited by DanielFb
I prefer to edit this post instead of posting a new one.