Smart Recommended Topics [Support Topic]

I'm sorry to say that I have just installed this and it immediately crashed the forum.

Disabled it and the forum came back online. We enabled it and no forum.

Tried this several times – but exactly the same. It's currently switched off.

We use a standard theme with different colours which have been adjusted through the admin CP.

33 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Even when all the settings are switched off, as long as the application is enabled, it crashes the forum

I've installed in my website, it works. so I need more info about the error. Let me access your panel to solve it!

Edited by ReyDev

I just tried it on our test site and it is also crashing the site.

However, is slightly different.

On the live site, it crashes the site completely – not even the front end available.

On the testsite, the front end is available but as soon as you go into any of the threads, it crashes the site.

I can give you access to the testsite and I'm going to send you a PM

17 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

I just tried it on our test site and it is also crashing the site.

However, is slightly different.

On the live site, it crashes the site completely – not even the front end available.

On the testsite, the front end is available but as soon as you go into any of the threads, it crashes the site.

I can give you access to the testsite and I'm going to send you a PM

I try to register but i get error. please create an account and send me username and pass

@Steph40

I'd like to PM you with a list of my applications and plug-ins. Maybe you could do the same for me and we can work out if there are any third party routines which we have in common.

Does that sound okay to you?

I propose simply doing a PDF print out which should show you everything including whether it is enabled or disabled. I would be looking for routines which we have in common and which are enabled

Edited by BankFodder
7 hours ago, ReyDev said:

@BankFodder@Steph40

I sent you a message, please check it

Seems to be working fine now with that version. Thank you.

6 hours ago, BankFodder said:

@Steph40

I'd like to PM you with a list of my applications and plug-ins. Maybe you could do the same for me and we can work out if there are any third party routines which we have in common.

Does that sound okay to you?

I propose simply doing a PDF print out which should show you everything including whether it is enabled or disabled. I would be looking for routines which we have in common and which are enabled

Sure.

38 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

What was the actual conflict you found? Also, what is displayed for for first-time user?

Error 500 .

38 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

Is data stored in the database or is it pulling information from cache?

both of them . uses cache for guests and db for members. 

After the new version, the problem is solved for one user but still exists for another.

@AlexWebsites I can send the app for you to see it, if you want 

Edited by ReyDev

I had rather thought that the problem experienced by @Steph40 was cleared after he disabled his plug-ins and applications, and then eventually re-enabled them – and then the system started working.

I had gathered from the discussion that this was his "workaround" to getting everything working – but when he simply installed it straight on top of the existing third-party routines, it wouldn't work.

@Daniel F

there is a problem :

ErrorException: template_store_missing (0)
#0 /srv/cagtest.co.uk/public/htdocs/applications/valasmartrecommendedtopic/modules/admin/setting/SettingController.php(55): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate()
#1 /srv/cagtest.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\valasmartrecommendedtopic\modules\admin\setting\_SettingController->manage()
#2 /srv/cagtest.co.uk/public/htdocs/applications/valasmartrecommendedtopic/modules/admin/setting/SettingController.php(26): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /srv/cagtest.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\valasmartrecommendedtopic\modules\admin\setting\_SettingController->execute()
#4 /srv/cagtest.co.uk/public/htdocs/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

and this is my code:

\IPS\Output::i()->output = \IPS\Theme::i()->getTemplate('setting', 'valasmartrecommendedtopic', 'admin')->configuration($form);

9 minutes ago, ReyDev said:

@Daniel F

there is a problem :

ErrorException: template_store_missing (0)
#0 /srv/cagtest.co.uk/public/htdocs/applications/valasmartrecommendedtopic/modules/admin/setting/SettingController.php(55): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate()
#1 /srv/cagtest.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\valasmartrecommendedtopic\modules\admin\setting\_SettingController->manage()
#2 /srv/cagtest.co.uk/public/htdocs/applications/valasmartrecommendedtopic/modules/admin/setting/SettingController.php(26): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /srv/cagtest.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\valasmartrecommendedtopic\modules\admin\setting\_SettingController->execute()
#4 /srv/cagtest.co.uk/public/htdocs/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

and this is my code:

\IPS\Output::i()->output = \IPS\Theme::i()->getTemplate('setting', 'valasmartrecommendedtopic', 'admin')->configuration($form);

Does the folder 'setting' contain the configuration template inside the admin group in the app 's dev folder? 

5 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

Does the folder 'setting' contain the configuration template inside the admin group in the app 's dev folder? 

yes . everything is ok and  works on my live and local websites but does not work for a user!!!

sc00001.png.356b0e6036e5dd73cfa81cb065f4739d.png

Edited by ReyDev
3 minutes ago, ReyDev said:

yes . everything is ok and  works on my live and local websites but does not work for a user!!!

Maybe the template was not added for that member when they installed the app? It can happen. Can you ask him to check for said template and see if it is present in his forum?