Weird conversion error

I've converted several databases before from WordPress but once I initiated the conversion for the current one I am working on, it seemed to have finished but ended up with the following:

error_screen.thumb.jpg.88cd1af4e9b4d51a52fc98ce79f70b43.jpg

When I look at the converter again, there is an X underneath the "Finished" column which means it didn't work.  

Anyone ever seen this or have any ideas why it is not finishing?  

First, I hope you have a backup of both databases—Especially your target database.  I have seen this before.  It was a good indication my database was corrupt.  Since the import did not complete, that is likely what caused the corruption.  If your importing fails, you cannot and should not proceed as if all is well.

I would suggest you restore your target database before you attempted the import.  I would then make sure to rule out the source is not corrupted and attempt a basic import on a test site. One that you have not already tried to port into previously (a clean install). If that fails, we know the issue is the source database (your WordPress).  If it completes, you could attempt to try to re-import.

Hello again @borangeatx

I should add, to be mindful, that when performing a database backup and restore, using the terminal will always be your best option.  While you can technically perform a small backup and restore through a web interface control panel, such as Cpanel, Plesk, or DirectAdmin, to name a few. It will always be safer and more secure to do so via your terminal controls.

mysqldump --default-character-set=utf8mb4 -h [host] -u [username] -p [database_name] --set-gtid-purged=OFF --port=3306 --protocol=tcp --skip-triggers -r dump.sql

Since you are at the stage where you are now importing multiple sites into your target community, it is safe to assume you are well beyond the scope of using your web browser to perform this action. Time out is something you do not wish to experience.  If you do not have access to your terminal, you should contact your web hosting service provider for assistance.

If you continue to need help, I would suggest you inquire with Community Support. There a seasoned system administrator may be able to further assist you. https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/406-community-support/

53 minutes ago, borangeatx said:

I've converted several databases before from WordPress but once I initiated the conversion for the current one I am working on, it seemed to have finished but ended up with the following:

error_screen.thumb.jpg.88cd1af4e9b4d51a52fc98ce79f70b43.jpg

When I look at the converter again, there is an X underneath the "Finished" column which means it didn't work.  

Anyone ever seen this or have any ideas why it is not finishing?  

Typically this can happen when GD runs out of memory processing an image -- It doesn't have to be a huge image, but it might be a complex one. You can (if available) switch to ImageMagick for image processing or temporarily increase your PHP memory limit.