Why does it take so long to upload images in Gallery?

Odiss
Go to solution Solved by Linux-Is-Best,

I have 1gb down and 42mbps up and it takes 5+ minutes to upload 20 images. Why is it taking so long? Is it the software or my host? The forum is hosted on a Hawk Host reseller account. Thanks in advance.

updateI just wanted to add that the image sizes are under 1mb

Edited by Odiss

• Solution

3 hours ago, Odiss said:

I have 1gb down and 42mbps up and it takes 5+ minutes to upload 20 images. Why is it taking so long? Is it the software or my host? The forum is hosted on a Hawk Host reseller account. Thanks in advance.

updateI just wanted to add that the image sizes are under 1mb

Hello @Odiss

Presuming you can confirm you are not experiencing any connection issues with your internet service provider (ISP), I would indeed assume this sounds like a hosting issue.  Hawk Host is primarily a shared hosting provider, and many shared hosting providers oversell their resources. They (shared hosts in general) can usually do this successfully because the resources they promise will likely never be used to their maximum potential by most people.  Using a "resell account" still means you are on the same principle. You only happen to have a few extra features that a standard shared account would not have, and it does not mean you have dedicated resources that a VPS (virtual private server) would provide.

Edited by Linux-Is-Best
mistype

4 minutes ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

Hello @Odiss

Presuming you can confirm you are not experiencing any connection issues with your internet service provider (ISP), I would indeed assume this sounds like a hosting issue.  Hawk Host is primarily a shared hosting provider, and many shared hosting providers oversell their resources. They (shared hosts in general) can usually do this successfully because the resources they promise will likely never be used to their maximum potential by most people.  Using a "resell account" still means you are on the same principle. You only happen to have a few extra features that a standard shared account would not have, and it does not mean you have dedicated resources that a VPS (virtual private server) would provide.

Thank you, I will look into a VPS. 😀 No one is going to wait 5 minutes to upload pictures. The good thing is the website is only 3 days old.