Populating news on portal?

Hi,

Just installed IPB and just getting it all set up. My forum is going to be about cameras and cinematography in general. I have installed the PORTAL app from the marketplace and kind of getting my head around it. My question is this...

I plan to search the internet for news and then put that on my site, crediting the original site, and want it to look like it does on other websites such as macrumors.com and planetf1.com etc (please seen attachments). So that on the landing page it shows this and then people can click that to go the article (I've set the portal to pull from a particular part of the forum called "News & Rumours"

How can I do this? Surely I don't have to write html for every post?

Matt

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 21.49.44.png

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 21.50.15.png

Edited by alphamale
7 hours ago, alphamale said:

I already have done and no reply. Doesn’t seem to get many people on there?

It is the weekend you know. I do not mean to be rude, but you come off a bit impatient to me. Give it some time. Or you can also tweak with it yourself if you can not wait. 

15 minutes ago, alphamale said:

Think I'm going have to go XenForo I think. Looks easy to do on that and can't seem to get any answers here.

If you think that you will get replies/answers immediately for similiar questions at xenforo, you will be in for a big surprise. Also, if I were you, I would think twice before buying/downloading third party plugins/apps there. Unlike here, they let everyone there to submit stuff without being checked first, which might result in one 's site being compromized security and performance wise. Just a friendly advice. 

Edited by Miss_B
12 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

It is the weekend you know. I do not mean to be rude, but you come off a bit impatient to me. Give it some time. Or you can also tweak with it yourself if you can not wait. 

If you think that you will get replies/answers immediately for similiar questions at xenforo, you will be in for a big surprise. Also, if I were you, I would think twice before buying/downloading third party plugins/apps there. Unlike here, they let everyone there to submit stuff without being checked first, which might result in one 's site being compromized security and performance wise. Just a friendly advice. 

Hi,

I guess I am a bit impatient but stuck without finding out. When I first bought IPB many years ago , it seemed a lot easier to get answers than nowadays. Perhaps its not as busy nowadays? As for XenForo , I've already got answers , very quickly. I don't particularly want to go XenForo but I know 100% that I can get something remotely close to what I want. On here , I'm clueless.

Edited by alphamale