404 errors on every page but what I set as the default app

Go to solution Solved by Insane21m,

Hi all, just updated an old defunct website to the latest version of IP.Board.

All the pages return 404 errors, except for the "homepage"
If I set the default app to "Pages" the Home page shows up fine. If I set the default to forums, the forums shows up fine.
However, if I try to navigate to www.page.come/forums it returns a 404 error.

The admin page shows up just fine.

I'm sure there's a misconfiguration somewhere involving links, but not sure what I need to adjust.
Any direction would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Alright so I'm likely F'd.. I'm currently locked out of the admin panel. Are there any options?
My first admin account won't accept the answer to my security question - even though I'm 100% sure it's the right answer.
I try to send an e-mail to send a password reset - takes me to a 404 page..

My second admin account, the MFA code doesn't work, I try to send an e-mail to send a password reset - takes me to a 404 page..

How screwed am I?

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2021 at 5:36 PM, Insane21m said:

Aaawww! despicable me idea GIF

So this is installed on a Windows Server 2019 using IIS, URL Rewrite 2.1, and MySQL database.
I just imported the new .htaaccess file rules into IIS URL Rewrite and it's all working like magic.

Are you rewriting urls also? if so what did you do to fix the errors? i imported the .htaccess into iis but still getting 404 pages. if i disable rewrite it works fine tho

I ended up fixing it by using a old .htacess and importing it since for some reason the new one that was downloadable from the AP was wrong

Edited by Tanoshii