Line spacing on mac versus windows

Mark Round

I can see on this forum there are varying line spacing examples;

look here at my double line space for example

yet other posts on this site with multiple lines include narrower spacing.Is there a way to tackle this? See post below for a proper example of the difference in spacing. I have used exactly the same device .Maybe im just being an idiot. Even this post now has two different line spacing examples.

Edited by Mark Round

This is odd

Odd indeed 

Not sure why it's doing this 

test

With your permission we and our partners may use precise geolocation data and identification through device scanning. You may click to consent to our and our partners’ processing as described above. Alternatively you may access more detailed information and change your preferences before consenting or to refuse consenting. Please note that some processing of your personal data may not require your consent, but you have a right to object to such processing. Your preferences will apply to this website only. You can change your preferences at any time by returning to this site or visit our privacy policy.

Edited by Mark Round

11 hours ago, Mark Round said:

Even this post now has two different line spacing examples.

Well, no. Technically, the line-spacing stays the same. But your first post has three paragraphs and paragraphs, as a structural unit of the text, get additional spacing. 

There is an ACP setting called “Return Key Behavior”, which turns off the use of independent paragraphs, but I strongly suggest not to change that. There is no good reason to make forum posts in a typewriter-kinda-way in 2021. Proper structuring of the text is the best option. 

With CSS changes, one can also change the paragraph padding/margins, so the structure stays the same but the additional paragraph spacing is not used anymore. 

Edited by opentype