REST API error

Go to solution Solved by Zdeněk Tůma,

Need help after I update my site from 4.4.1 to 4.5 REST API request stopped work and throw only 403 error like this:

403 ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.
Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.
Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: mnsd7hVNjs8Tt1WjyR3yyaPBEylWUt4BT8t86j4T7fWUYbxexHjyTA==

support only said me the ip address with which requests are coming is not blocked...

So I tried some different IP addresses but always get same 403 error I tell this fact in support but few days without response...

Advise me what to do, I am desperate

Edited by Zdeněk Tůma

Hello @Zdeněk Tůma

I am sincerely sorry to hear you are experiencing issues.  I question if perhaps your CDN (Amazon Cloudfront) is still using the dated (older) cache files and if maybe a simple purge may help resolve this.  Additionally, if you are IP banning anything either through the software or server, you clear both (remove all IP bans) before flushing your CDN. 

3 hours ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

Hello @Zdeněk Tůma

I am sincerely sorry to hear you are experiencing issues.  I question if perhaps your CDN (Amazon Cloudfront) is still using the dated (older) cache files and if maybe a simple purge may help resolve this.  Additionally, if you are IP banning anything either through the software or server, you clear both (remove all IP bans) before flushing your CDN. 

I'm sorry but I have no idea what you wanted to tell me. I do not block any ip addresses. And idk how to work with CDN in AdminCP.

15 minutes ago, Zdeněk Tůma said:

I'm sorry but I have no idea what you wanted to tell me. I do not block any ip addresses. And idk how to work with CDN in AdminCP.

18 hours ago, Zdeněk Tůma said:

support only said me the ip address with which requests are coming is not blocked

Your CDN (content delivery network), Amazon Cloudfront, should have a simple method to purge your stale (old) content. You may wish to double-check that you have not banned or otherwise blacklisted any IP addresses via your server. If you are using managed hosting, you may want to check with your hosting provider. If you are using a proxy DNS service, such as Cloudflare, you may wish to double-check this too (I know you have not stated that you do, but I figure I toss that one out there just in case).

Failing all this, I would suggest you hire a system administrator.

Edited by Linux-Is-Best
extended

20 hours ago, Zdeněk Tůma said:

I have Cloud IPB, so I never paid any attention to this, so what you're writing about here unfortunately doesn't tell me anything.

Hello again, @Zdeněk Tůma

I regret to inform you that I and perhaps others here are not seeing the full picture. It could be a good indicator of why no one else has chimed in.   When I originally took it upon myself to provide you with some peer to peer assistance, you had written that your IP might have been blocked.

On 2/12/2021 at 5:34 PM, Zdeněk Tůma said:

support only said me the ip address with which requests are coming is not blocked...

I see you have edited your post to correct that, but the other half of your post continues how you used different IP addresses, which I presume you would not do unless you had good reason to suspect an issue with your initial IP address.

On 2/12/2021 at 5:34 PM, Zdeněk Tůma said:

So I tried some different IP addresses but always get same 403 error I tell this fact in support but few days without response...

You said you use Cloud IPB?  To answer the original inquire, 'what should you do?'  I advise you strongly to continue to work with support in resolving this issue.  And in the future, when asking your peers to help you, please be as forthcoming as possible.