Mailchimp Domain Verification, Integration - Hosted IPS 4.5

Hello everyone,

I'm wanting to connect Mailchimp to my cloud hosted IPS. Mailchimp gave me some code to add to verify the site. Asked support, they said something about adding to templates.

I'm also aware of this plugin below, but starting to see renewal costs go up. (and Im not sure if it's necessary)

Simply put - I just want to:

• A. Verify my domain with MailChimp
  • B. Figure out how to add a newsletter signup to site (popup would be nice too)

....and do these things with the least amount of code, backend template configs, etc.

I'm an IT guy, but not a programmer. I always avoid any configuration changes to the backend whenever possible. Vanilla. 🙂

Thanks in advance!

Keith

My code below:

<script id="mcjs">!function(c,h,i,m,p){m=c.createElement(h),p=c.getElementsByTagName(h)[0],m.async=1,m.src=i,p.parentNode.insertBefore(m,p)}(document,"script","https://chimpstatic.com/mcjs-connected/js/users/df1aca79ac03fd1bada64b270/2a70c402cc6428a418ded0d21.js");</script>

https://d33v4339jhl8k0.cloudfront.net/inline/118598/46cc69a3e26757a2c4baef3c4563cd0b4f3e5748/8e712614500659dd2cc395dd11b8c4300f8ae715/image002.jpg

What are MailChimp's instructions for validating your domain? You will likely need to do that regardless for them to send e-mail on your behalf and from your domain regardless of whether or not you use this third-party plugin. You'd only need that plugin if you did not want a separate opt-in for your newsletter beyond the registration in IPS, and you didn't want to manually extract and import member information into MailChimp. The plugin automates those tasks for you, from what it says on the tin (have never used it, can't vouch for it doing what it says).

MailChimp probably also want you to make a modification to your DNS to indicate that they are allowed to send mail on your behalf. I'm a self-hosted customer, and I'm not sure how you do that with IPS Cloud. You'd likely need to ask IPS support for help with that part.