Run conversion again

HUGZ

Manually delete, or you create database and uploads folder backup just before starting the conversion. 

If the conversion is not complete,  you can just continue and finish in ACP. If it is completed, then just replace database and uploads with backup and start from scratch.

8 hours ago, HUGZ said:

it doesn't remember what has already been imported

It's been a few years, but it totally kept track of what had been converted and could be restarted if something happened to the connection.

You made it seem like you wanted to convert another instance or source. What exactly are you trying to do?

Have you opened a ticket?

On 2/7/2021 at 1:33 AM, Paul E. said:

It's been a few years, but it totally kept track of what had been converted and could be restarted if something happened to the connection.

You made it seem like you wanted to convert another instance or source. What exactly are you trying to do?

Have you opened a ticket?

So I took an initial dump of our existing forum a few weeks ago. I've been working with that locally, to get everything set up and ready, before I plan to turn the existing forum offline, dump and run a final conversion. I'm simply looking to minimise downtime and if there was a way to add any new users, threads, posts etc since that initial dump, that would speed up the process massively and reduce the time spent offline.

I wasn't sure it was something that warranted opening a ticket, but I will do that now.

6 minutes ago, HUGZ said:

So I took an initial dump of our existing forum a few weeks ago. I've been working with that locally, to get everything set up and ready, before I plan to turn the existing forum offline, dump and run a final conversion. I'm simply looking to minimise downtime and if there was a way to add any new users, threads, posts etc since that initial dump, that would speed up the process massively and reduce the time spent offline.

I wasn't sure it was something that warranted opening a ticket, but I will do that now.

Delta conversions are not supported, it depends what you're including in a 'full conversion' (i.e. background tasks) but I wouldn't expect the conversion itself to take 3 days on a community your size.

Open a ticket and we can look at the performance aspect on your server.

Personally I would recommend starting your live conversion with a fresh install, it just makes sure you're not going to have any orphaned data from previous testing lying around for eternity.