Editing topic takes the website offline

35 minutes ago, giovanny castro said:

Everytime I go to edit a topic the forums goes offline and half the thread goes missing. I need someone in invision to help me asap 😞

Hello giovanny castro

Since you are inquiring about someone from within Invision to review your ongoing site issue personally, it may be best to reach them through ticket support. The community forums here are designed for peer to peer support. I am not suggesting that no one at Invision will see your post, only that usually for faster and direct service support, contacting Invision through the client area is often the way to go. https://www.invisioncommunity.com/clientarea/

In the meantime, as a fellow customer who is online, I and others could provide some clues if you noticed any error messages? 

On 2/6/2021 at 2:55 PM, Linux-Is-Best said:

Hello giovanny castro

Since you are inquiring about someone from within Invision to review your ongoing site issue personally, it may be best to reach them through ticket support. The community forums here are designed for peer to peer support. I am not suggesting that no one at Invision will see your post, only that usually for faster and direct service support, contacting Invision through the client area is often the way to go. https://www.invisioncommunity.com/clientarea/

In the meantime, as a fellow customer who is online, I and others could provide some clues if you noticed any error messages? 

I went through PHP error logs nothing.

If I do the following;

• Edit a large thread
  • Change the theme
  • Edit the CSS of a theme

This page isn’t working dreamscape317.net didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

This error happens every time these actions are performed. I have made uploads writable, nothing in error php logs IPS shows this logs, all plugins, app disabled. Importing ISP default theme cause of the 504/520 error it's throwing the theme settings aren't loading (font size/colours and a few others causing the issues)

spacer.png

Found the core error 

Error: ErrorException: template_store_missing in /home/dreamsca/public_html/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php:838
Stack trace:
#0 /home/dreamsca/public_html/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(2522): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate()
#1 /home/dreamsca/public_html/forum/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_topics->postContainer()
#2 /home/dreamsca/public_html/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(4856): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#3 /home/dreamsca/public_html/forum/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_topics->topic()
#4 /home/dreamsca/public_html/forum/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(459): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#5 /home/dreamsca/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->manage()
#6 /home/dreamsca/public_html/forum/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/dreamsca/public_html/forum/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/dreamsca/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#9 /home/dreamsca/public_html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main} in /home/dreamsca/public_html/forum/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php:65
Stack trace:
#0 /home/dreamsca/public_html/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(4856): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#1 /home/dreamsca/public_html/forum/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_topics->topic()
#2 /home/dreamsca/public_html/forum/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(459): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#3 /home/dreamsca/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->manage()
#4 /home/dreamsca/public_html/forum/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/dreamsca/public_html/forum/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/dreamsca/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#7 /home/dreamsca/public_html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

5 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We can take a look  at this in your ticket as we go through. Note however this is not related to your issue. Take a look at the list, and you will notice there is actually a 3rd party item which is referenced before each of those. Thats what is causing this particular error. 

Again you aren't even paying attention to the ticket. It clearly is the issue. If you edit the thread I listed in the ticket it causes this exact error. And if you even looked through the applications you would see they are all disabled? I am at 3 days almost 4 days downtime. I can not afford another day. Paying for any useful advice at this point. 

spacer.png

Edited by giovanny castro

Sorry you appear to be upset there. At the time of reading this, I hadn't seen your response to the ticket in question. I have just responded to that ticket requesting access, so if you can pick up on that, we can certainly take a look for you. The information I was giving you there was based solely on the images above

18 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Sorry you appear to be upset there. At the time of reading this, I hadn't seen your response to the ticket in question. I have just responded to that ticket requesting access, so if you can pick up on that, we can certainly take a look for you. The information I was giving you there was based solely on the images above

Sent 🙏

17 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Sorry, which one? Couldn't find it. I always like to follow theses topics and make sure it isn't something I did... if it is, I always release a new version soon.

Its likely not related to the issues he is having there, but since you asked 🙂

2021-02-08_11-52-46.png

5 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Its likely not related to the issues he is having there, but since you asked 🙂

2021-02-08_11-52-46.png

The plugin is disabled and still out putting the same error message.

What's worse is I've got now 4 days downtime and they blame SSL for being the issue?????????? Oh my lord. 

10 minutes ago, giovanny castro said:

The plugin is disabled and still out putting the same error message.

What's worse is I've got now 4 days downtime and they blame SSL for being the issue?????????? Oh my lord.

Hello @giovanny castro

I can see you are upset. No one particularly likes or wishes to experience downtime and general administrative issues. It can be a very frustrating time, especially if you do not know the cause of the problems you are facing or have been provided a possible cause yet have no clue where to begin addressing them. Please be believe when I say 'we have all been there.' After all, everyone starts someplace, somewhere. What can even be more frustrating is when you identify the cause and the solution, and you realize the time it may take to implement a working solution.

I guess my point is, I and I am sure many other people here do sympathize. We have all experienced the rewards of owning and managing our site(s), just as we have experienced how frustrating it can be. But during those more troubling times, it is essential not to lose focus and not direct your frustration toward anyone individual(s). There are people here, both personally and professionally, who wish to help you. Taking out your frustration will not help in that regard.

You said in your reply that the issue is related to SSL. Did you understand what was said and how it was caused? Do you know how to resolve it? If the answer is "no" to either of these questions, perhaps if you share with the community the explained cause, someone can better try to explain things.

25 minutes ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

Hello @giovanny castro

I can see you are upset. No one particularly likes or wishes to experience downtime and general administrative issues. It can be a very frustrating time, especially if you do not know the cause of the problems you are facing or have been provided a possible cause yet have no clue where to begin addressing them. Please be believe when I say 'we have all been there.' After all, everyone starts someplace, somewhere. What can even be more frustrating is when you identify the cause and the solution, and you realize the time it may take to implement a working solution.

I guess my point is, I and I am sure many other people here do sympathize. We have all experienced the rewards of owning and managing our site(s), just as we have experienced how frustrating it can be. But during those more troubling times, it is essential not to lose focus and not direct your frustration toward anyone individual(s). There are people here, both personally and professionally, who wish to help you. Taking out your frustration will not help in that regard.

You said in your reply that the issue is related to SSL. Did you understand what was said and how it was caused? Do you know how to resolve it? If the answer is "no" to either of these questions, perhaps if you share with the community the explained cause, someone can better try to explain things.

Edit, He has fixed the issue. Awaiting response on what magic he used

Edited by giovanny castro

30 minutes ago, giovanny castro said:

They say strict SSL was the main cause of the issue. I'm not sure why. Enable flexible SSL for Cloudflare any future issue users farewell IPS community 

Hello @giovanny castro

It pleases me to know that someone within Invision could resolve your issue and that your community website is now fully functional.  Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress as well.  😀

45 minutes ago, giovanny castro said:

They say strict SSL was the main cause of the issue.

We use Strict SSL with Cloudflare and IPS without issue. Do you understand what the Strict SSL setting does and the prerequisites you'd need to configure on your web server?

Were you seeing Cloudflare errors and not including them in your description here?

Do you have a mix of SSL and non-SSL requests on your site? Is your conf_global.php file correctly configured with an https prefix?

1 hour ago, giovanny castro said:

They say strict SSL was the main cause of the issue. I'm not sure why. Enable flexible SSL for Cloudflare any future issue users farewell IPS community 

The issue was that your SSL configuration on your server is broken, disabling SSL between Cloudflare and your server works around the issue. This is a workaround specifically, if you fix your SSL certificate, you can switch it back to full SSL mode.