Include day of the week in soc-med promoting's Auto Schedule

Aramaech

In the Admin CP > Social Media Promotion > Auto Schedule it would be wonderful if this menu included the ability to pick a day of the week. Currently it's just time of day, but this way you could set up batch promotions to go out on Saturdays, for example.

I'm aware that the current promote topic menu has the ability to select a specific day and time, but the problem with it is when you have staff from all over the world trying to promote at noon on Saturday and everyone is in a different time-zone its tough to coordinate. If you had an auto-scheduled time that respected the time zone of the person who created it, that would allow everyone to sync up easily.

i.e. just putting the calendar select option on the menu below would allow an admin to pick a day of the week or month that's consistent, and didn't need to be re-figured out every single time someone wants to promote something.

Another nice toggle that would extremely convenient on this menu would be "Remove previously existing promoted content when promoting a new batch". 

screen shot.png

Edited by Aramaech

On 2/4/2021 at 11:06 AM, Aramaech said:

In the Admin CP > Social Media Promotion > Auto Schedule it would be wonderful if this menu included the ability to pick a day of the week. Currently it's just time of day, but this way you could set up batch promotions to go out on Saturdays, for example.

I'm aware that the current promote topic menu has the ability to select a specific day and time, but the problem with it is when you have staff from all over the world trying to promote at noon on Saturday and everyone is in a different time-zone its tough to coordinate. If you had an auto-scheduled time that respected the time zone of the person who created it, that would allow everyone to sync up easily.

i.e. just putting the calendar select option on the menu below would allow an admin to pick a day of the week or month that's consistent, and didn't need to be re-figured out every single time someone wants to promote something.

Another nice toggle that would extremely convenient on this menu would be "Remove previously existing promoted content when promoting a new batch". 

screen shot.png

I like this idea! So in addition to the HH:MM you're thinking also a calendar to select which day(s)?

21 hours ago, Jordan Invision said:

I like this idea! So in addition to the HH:MM you're thinking also a calendar to select which day(s)?

Exactly :)
So for example, if you created a scheduled batch release on every Saturday at noon, or the first of every month, or whatever it is, then when someone goes to promote some content and they're on that screen that comes up when you click promote, there's the button that says "Schedule: Next Batch".  When they click that it currently only has 2 options. Schedule Now and Custom Schedule. It could include another option with a dropdown that lets them choose from all the special scheduled batches you've created.

So imagine a hypothetical dropdown menu with a radio selector next to it above Schedule Now and Custom schedule (which each have their own radio selector), and if you click the drop down you see things like "Next Saturday at noon" and "The first of the month" which they could pick. Allowing the person to name the scheduled batches would be a handy way for them to easily communicate to the people doing the promoting what the purpose of that particular batches timing is. Like they could name it "Sunday morning funny stuff" or whatever, and set it to batch promote every Sunday at 8am.