What kind of blog content are you interested in?

Jordan Miller

4 hours ago, Paul E. said:

Think about what makes a community successful and how a person without the experience of managing and administering a community might not have that innate knowledge. Onboarding both members and administrators.

Start with the basics. The Help Guides tell you what options there are, but they don't help guide the important factors to consider when thinking about what a setting should be or how something should be configured. Draw connections between what your goals may be with your community, and the configuration decisions that best enable getting there.

A new administrator too often will enable something or configure something because of the technical novelty of it. A good recent example was the thread statistics sidebar. Just because something is there doesn't make it useful or appropriate when considered in line with the culture and direction of a community.

The successes of communities and the ability for IPS to translate features into culture only serves to increase the successes of the company and its clients.

I really like this direction 🙏 There's so much that can be done. 

I would like to start conceptualizing a series about "The why's" in a community. Why certain features exist, easily breakdown how to implement them but most importantly... why they're going to elevate members' communities. 

However for my very first story, I'd like for there to be a bit more emotion behind the topic. I started drafting my first story today which I'd like to have go live by next Friday. 🙂 No hints but I'm liking where it's going thus far. 

38 minutes ago, Jordan Invision said:

Why certain features exist, easily breakdown how to implement them but most importantly... why they're going to elevate members' communities. 

Just don't forget the wisdom of knowing when something exciting, new, or cool might not work for your community, and how to tell the difference.

Or maybe that level of insight is sold to the enterprise clients at a billable consulting rate. Probably that. You might be at the "look shiny keys" level.

big eyes wow GIF by StabbedPanda

24 minutes ago, Paul E. said:

Just don't forget the wisdom of knowing when something exciting, new, or cool might not work for your community, and how to tell the difference.

Or maybe that level of insight is sold to the enterprise clients at a billable consulting rate. Probably that. You might be at the "look shiny keys" level.

big eyes wow GIF by StabbedPanda

Lol I think it's important to inform all community owners no matter the tier what features, practices and strategies work and the knowledge to know when to hold off  😉