Send a newsletter to a Club members

MEVi

14 hours ago, MEVi said:

Hello,

I wanted to send a newsletter to the members of a club, but this feature does not exist. So I had to create a special group, then one by one, add each member of a defined club, which is time consuming.

I would like to be able to send a newsletter from the admin panel to the members of a Club.

9 hours ago, Claudia999 said:

Hi @MEVi

we need this feature too. Now we're using this plugin:

Ahh that's a great suggestion for the time-being, @Claudia999

@MEVi, it sounds like you want to reach your Club members via email though, right? I think it's a great suggestion. 🙂

11 hours ago, MEVi said:

Hello @Claudia999,

Your module offers an interesting feature for the club owner but I don't want to send a message.

Hello @Jordan Invision, Yes, I want to send a newsletter by email to all the members of a Club.

This is a great idea! From what I gather from the team, this could potentially be a relatively-simple implementation in a future release. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, because right now it's a hassle, because I have to create each member's account, then log in with the member's account to register him on the club in addition to joining the newsletter.

I notice that in the CP-Admin, one cannot know which member is registered on which club in the member's profile. Just as it is not possible to know what a club, a forum, a member is following.

20 hours ago, Jordan Invision said:

Wanted to pop in and say we are doing a Club improvement sweep in the very near future and are looking at possibilities like the one mentioned in the OP 🙏 

I'll reiterate and expand on a comment I made yesterday on another thread: it would be really good for us to have an outline of what is on IPB's radar regarding sweeping club improvements, because as I'm perusing various threads in this community, a recurring theme seems to be that new releases often include solutions to problems that no one is actually concerned about or that they've already solved in other ways (meaning that the new release will trigger a scramble to adjust by the community owners), while leaving unaddressed the real pain points that are actually causing real headaches.

So if we could see what items are included at this stage of IPB's club improvement plan, that would give us time to a) evaluate whether their improvements are actually going to fix the real problems we're having, b) prepare a plan for the changes the improvements will bring and the customizations we have in place that the improvements will upset, and c) try to convince IPB to add the improvements we actually need and want that have not already made it into their sweeping plan.

5 minutes ago, MEVi said:

@Moonbeam

I am a bit surprised by what you said, because if I understood correctly the problem I am raising is not a real problem according to you.

You definitely didn't understand me correctly and I have no idea what brings you to such a conclusion.  My comment is about the twice-mentioned "sweeping improvements" that IPB is planning and a plea for them to include us, as stakeholders, in the development of that plan.

It's related to the fact that there are numerous issues related to the puzzling inflexibility of the clubs system that force us all to buy plugins or commission customizations or beg for a tweak. Jordan's last comment was a his second reference that I've seen to the fact that the IPB team is planning a sweeping overhaul of the club system, so I wanted to address that by pointing out that telling us what they currently have on that plan would be helpful. That way, if there are things missing that are huge pain points for us, we can raise those as needed additions to that list.

I was not commenting at all on your specific issue.

Edited by Moonbeam

3 hours ago, Moonbeam said:

I'll reiterate and expand on a comment I made yesterday on another thread: it would be really good for us to have an outline of what is on IPB's radar regarding sweeping club improvements, because as I'm perusing various threads in this community, a recurring theme seems to be that new releases often include solutions to problems that no one is actually concerned about or that they've already solved in other ways (meaning that the new release will trigger a scramble to adjust by the community owners), while leaving unaddressed the real pain points that are actually causing real headaches.

So if we could see what items are included at this stage of IPB's club improvement plan, that would give us time to a) evaluate whether their improvements are actually going to fix the real problems we're having, b) prepare a plan for the changes the improvements will bring and the customizations we have in place that the improvements will upset, and c) try to convince IPB to add the improvements we actually need and want that have not already made it into their sweeping plan.

I like the idea of us sharing our outline with you guys. However, I'm not sure if the team agrees. 

One issue I could foresee is putting something in the outline that we say we'll do, then later discovering we either can't at that point in time or decide to hold off on. We may face some backlash. However, I don't love the what if game either lol. We want to be more open and transparent with the community in general. 

I'll pass this idea along and circle back. That way we're all on the same page 🙂

23 minutes ago, Jordan Invision said:

I like the idea of us sharing our outline with you guys. However, I'm not sure if the team agrees. 

One issue I could foresee is putting something in the outline that we say we'll do, then later discovering we either can't at that point in time or decide to hold off on. We may face some backlash. However, I don't love the what if game either lol. We want to be more open and transparent with the community in general. 

I'll pass this idea along and circle back. That way we're all on the same page 🙂

If it helps, I don't see this as the IPB team making any promises. I see it as them treating us like the stakeholders we are and making a good faith effort to find out what our actual needs are, rather than assuming they know what we need and developing a list of improvements that may not even address some of the problems that already exist.

44 minutes ago, Moonbeam said:

If it helps, I don't see this as the IPB team making any promises. I see it as them treating us like the stakeholders we are and making a good faith effort to find out what our actual needs are, rather than assuming they know what we need and developing a list of improvements that may not even address some of the problems that already exist.

Totally agree 💯 

A roadmap, of any sort, would be a welcome change. A blog post about a future feature coming some day off in the yonder does not a roadmap make.

Some examples:

Roadmaps are scary. They set expectations, they get people upset and up and arms at things in advance, they relinquish control of any competitive advantage a surprise release or implementation might bring with it. Some character in a remote part of the world is upset that IPS isn't adding native electric shaver support. Someone else is irrationally unhinged that some feature they'll never use is being added and turned off by default. Someone else immediately wants the thing yesterday.

But you know what? I say put on your big person pants and publish one anyway. Because you're not about to be defined by cowardice. You've got the cojones to share your plans, state that they're only plans, and give some insight into what's upcoming and when approximately you'd expect it to turn up.

And when things get hard, and targets slip, or you need to change course, you'll apologize that you missed the mark and keep us all informed.

Merry Christmas GIF by SWR3

2 minutes ago, Paul E. said:

Roadmaps are scary. They set expectations, they get people upset and up and arms at things in advance, they relinquish control of any competitive advantage a surprise release or implementation might bring with it. Some character in a remote part of the world is upset that IPS isn't adding native electric shaver support. Someone else is irrationally unhinged that some feature they'll never use is being added and turned off by default. Someone else immediately wants the thing yesterday.

But you know what? I say put on your big person pants and publish one anyway. Because you're not about to be defined by cowardice. You've got the cojones to share your plans, state that they're only plans, and give some insight into what's upcoming and when approximately you'd expect it to turn up.

And when things get hard, and targets slip, or you need to change course, you'll apologize that you missed the mark and keep us all informed.

It seems like it's a choice between keep everyone in the dark and deal with the vast majority being underwhelmed by the eventual release that addresses things that weren't even problems, accidentally breaks a lot of stuff communities count on, and fails to solve some very real issues that IBP didn't know about because they didn't ask...

Or releasing a roadmap, getting some important feedback, then dealing with some backlash if things don't get delivered on time. The second scenario probably results in a lot more good will.

1 hour ago, Paul E. said:

WHEW the way you fired me up! Let's GOOOOOOOO! 🔥 

---

And for real though. I do like this idea of a public roadmap. I would like to see one for Clubs and Points since those are both approved and underway for release this year. 

1 hour ago, Moonbeam said:

Or releasing a roadmap, getting some important feedback, then dealing with some backlash if things don't get delivered on time. The second scenario probably results in a lot more good will.

Yup. I agree 💯 Team work makes the dream work.