Can we have modular/resizable widgets?

I LOVE(!!!!) IPS's widgets/blocks thing. They're so easy to use, intuitive, give you the ability to show flexible information literally within three clicks, and all that. I'm sure everyone is well aware of how freakin' awesome they are.

BUT, and that's avery big but, at the same time, they are so stupendously limited. if you want a block on top, it has to be full width and predetermined height. you can have it either on the left or right - not both. you can't change the height, whether it's in the side bar or the the main body.

And it drives me mad. I mean, you can change the Pages app layout to two of three columns, you can make a WYSIWYG block, a text one, and even an image carousel. why not have the ability to add two or three blocks in the same row? or even allow to just drop more and more block and have the ones already there automatically get narrower? and maybe even manually adjust the height of a block/row of blocks? This will give community managers SO MUCH more power to be able to "push" things they want to their members without having to push other important things to far down the page. 

• Management

The first paragraph was brilliant, and then it went downhill. 😂

We definitely want to add more flexibility in the future for more varied and flexible layouts. It's something we've discussed a lot internally, but it's not made it onto the roadmap yet.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

The first paragraph was brilliant, and then it went downhill. 😂

That's how we do things. 
Pick them up, then THROW THEM DOWN ON THE FLOOR AND BASH 'EM ON THE HEAD WITH A FOLDABLE PICNIC CHAIR 🤣

Also, please make it happen. I WILL* name my next child after whoever pushes this to the top of the list. 

*Not really. Just making empty promises I have absolutely no intention of upholding.