(NE) Custom Field Placeholders

Installed only a few hours ago – and already a feature request!

It would be helpful to be able to put in a custom title for each placeholder so that we can tell exactly what it is – and also that the list should be alphabetically arranged at least on that custom topic title.

It seems to me that there is space for another column - and it would be helpful to have it in the leftmost column position.

In fact – another feature request – is it possible to have placeholders display in colour??? Or bold? Or both?

Thanks

image.thumb.png.39196b6516003c8f662999872de3caf2.png

4 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

t would be helpful to be able to put in a custom title for each placeholder so that we can tell exactly what it is

I've got a few ideas already in this area, but I will add in a "Notes" field to allow you to put some information in. But this...

8 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

and it would be helpful to have it in the leftmost column position.

I am keeping the field id as the first column.

9 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

is it possible to have placeholders display in colour??? Or bold? Or both?

Placeholders are text only - no html. There are CSS tricks out there though, and I will have a think about how they can be implemented (there are NO promises that this will be implemented)

• 2 weeks later...

v1.0.1 has been submitted for approval:

• FIX: minor language string modifications
  • NEW: addition of a 'Notes' field for placeholders, allowing you to place reference information about the placeholder itself
  • NEW: addition of custom CSS functionality, per-placeholder, to allow you to style the placeholder text
  • NEW: display settings added to allow truncation of the 'Placeholder text' and 'Notes' content in the ACP
  • CHANGE: 'How to use' information updated
  • 1 month later...

Thanks - you cannot put a placeholder into a rich text editor field, which is what the reported post functionality uses (refer to 'Notes' section on the file listing)

Are you aiming to change the "Optionally enter a message with your report" information already displayed there? If so, the language string is 'report_message_placeholder'

Edited by Nathan Explosion