Gab support

James25

On 1/21/2021 at 10:14 AM, James25 said:

Would you please consider adding Gab to the Social Profiles section of General Configuration? Thank you.

Disregarding the platform's leniency in promoting certain kinds of content, Gab is still very much a fringe site.  It's not even close to the same level of popularity as other platforms like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn.  

There are plugins in the Marketplace where you can probably ask the author to add in a social profile link for you.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2021 at 1:03 PM, Joel R said:

Gab is still very much a fringe site.  It's not even close to the same level of popularity as other platforms like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn.  

Not really. In the United States, its Alexa ranking is 314. DeviantArt is listed and that's 414.

Edited by James25

Maybe this section should just have the facility to upload a logo and provide a URL, so you can add the social profiles that matter to your community.

I imagine for many communities, there are niche associations and profiles. For example, a group might want to link to a national engineering association profile, or perhaps a community involving dog breeds would link to AKC, or a community with a certain demographic would link to their profile on HorseAppendages.com or Doordash... or.... I dunno, wherever it is that hate groups gather.

While I have no idea what @James25's community is about, seeing a link to a Gab profile would tell me everything I'd need to know in 2 seconds, and I'd be empowered to make decisions that would be appropriate for me.

Let's create ways for all communities to self-identify as easily to their targets.