Support url disappeared from Client Area

On 1/21/2021 at 3:35 AM, Stuart Silvester said:

Click into your license, then click 'create request'. Do not submit ticket at the Zendesk URL it may not get answered.

Where do we go to submit tickets for sales, account, or billing issues?

To help people in a constructive manner...

Go in to your client area and click the 'Manage this purchase' button

image.png.e6ddf3343fd0d3354597f255159d379c.png

Then click the 'Create request' button:

image.thumb.png.de04eba6c8a6cdbda0b852d943e34702.png

Or the '? Support' button in the bottom right corner:

image.png.6eb96d417ad2f643cfebf143d2a1ac10.png

The result:

image.png.fe29c0c495b73614daf75f4bb1b84a11.png

Want to see previous cases? Click the 'Previous conversations' link near the bottom there.

5 minutes ago, Charles said:

Yes, the Support button is on every page in the client area in the lower right.

Is it like nails on a chalkboard when you go to the IPS homepage on mobile and the little sales chat bubble overlaps the cute little animated circles of products, but not fully, so you're not sure what it is? Then that sales chat bubble becomes a support chat bubble, but only in the realm of the IPS install that is the client area and no where else, without any clear visual indicator that you're somewhere different now?

Is there a way to interact with it in a larger viewport? It's a pretty tiny window on desktop. Was the clashing blueish purple color chosen intentionally to take a jarring departure from the rest of the color language here? Is that the only option Help Scout provides?

Is there a reason it asks which of one channel I prefer? You can have any channel you'd like as long as it's email. Maybe priority support purchasing people get two channels? Maybe that's a place to insert an upsell? Your boss thinks they're more important than anyone else? Want to chat with us in real time? Buy a priority support license!

• 5 weeks later...

This new support system sucks, why do you have keep fixing something that wasn't broken to begin with? 

We had a perfectly good ticket system that allowed us to keep track of our ticket history and it was clearly organised per licensed community site, but you suddenly abandoned it and transferred our data to Zendesk without requesting our consent or with any form of consultation.

Now you've dumped Zendesk because you prefer 20th century email format correspondence, and we have this disorganised mess, with tickets lost in an Inbox myriad of emails. Have Zendesk still got our contact info and details?

It doesn't even work properly. I recently used it for the first time and it was good to see I could upload a short mp4 screen recording of my issue I was experiencing that Support couldn't replicate. However after attaching the mp4, typing my reply in that tiny cramped box, it refused to send the message until I removed the video attachment.
Why let me upload a video clip in the first place if it's not going to let me submit it? Why no error message to actually tell me why I can't submit a reply?

What does it mean when it says "What channel do you prefer"?  Er, The History Channel and Discovery HD. 

On 1/27/2021 at 8:00 AM, Charles said:

You can click support on your purchase page or just email us.

(Emphasis added)

For those looking for a larger viewport or having trouble with attachments and so on, have you tried just emailing us instead? It all ends up in the same place on our end and might mitigate the concerns you're expressing interacting with a "quick chat message" style interface.