Fake members and guests

Hi all

Most of the things I found and needed are out of date. 

I'm looking for a plugin so I can add fake members and guests online as I need the board to look busy before it is. The online list should shown these fake users browsing random forums etc.? 

When real members join, the fake user stats both members and guests shouldn't affect the real data either, for instance the real location of users. 

Can this be achieved? As I'm happy to pay if reasonable

Edited by SEO Guru

I'd recommend removing the online user's widget and restricting access to the online page, assuming this is why you want to spoof it, as not to give new users the impression your site is dead. Having fake users does nothing but discredit your community. It's very obvious as well, no matter how hard you try to hide it.

Being the SEO Guru you are, you should know having relative headers and tags will increase the click-through rate from search engines. You should also try and get as many authentic backlinks as possible to improve your site's reputation, so it ranks higher in search results.

Since you're already willing to drop some cash, invest in a few google ad campaigns, and bid on some keywords to increase traffic. If the topic of your website is too vague, focus on something very specific so your ad ranking is as high as possible. So if your site is about apples and oranges, focus on apples and worry about oranges later.

If you'd prefer the plugin anyways then by all means. I'm not here to judge, just sharing my wisdom. 🙂

• 3 months later...
On 1/15/2021 at 2:48 PM, SEO Guru said:

Hi all

Most of the things I found and needed are out of date. 

I'm looking for a plugin so I can add fake members and guests online as I need the board to look busy before it is. The online list should shown these fake users browsing random forums etc.? 

When real members join, the fake user stats both members and guests shouldn't affect the real data either, for instance the real location of users. 

Can this be achieved? As I'm happy to pay if reasonable

Sorry to bump this slight old topic, but I wanted to let you know that I have developed an app that adds fake members online. You can find it here: