Community

Add in conf_global 'offline_group' => n°X

Hello,

With COVID I have lost members/friends. I need to close the accounts of these deceased members but I don't want to delete their publications.

In this context it would be necessary to have an offline group, which has the specificity that these members do not have an email address, nor a password that could be used except the pseudo.

Therefore it is not possible to connect to it without passing through the Admin console and again we could imagine having a blocking option. These default members cannot receive messages.

Another application, for RSS feeds I had to create fake users. In this case the offline group would be ideal.

The fact that it is necessary to delete the email address of a deceased person is relative to the possible reuse of the email address by a third party which could create a security flaw.

The difference between banned and offline is mainly related to the e-mail address.

Thank you for your attention to this improvement.

It's a pretty good idea. I'm for it.

It is better to add settings in ACP where after adding a user, on his profile there will be information that this user is unfortunately dead, and his avatar and cover will be in gray color, Buttons and Online Status would be hidden or something like that. This can be done via hook.

My vision 🤭

vision-rip.thumb.png.5b5032e10311270d7d5cf1bff28340b3.png

Edited by SeNioR-

Mevi I'm sorry for your loss too.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I'm also sorry Senior here is already writing your obituary!

This is just for example, please don't take it personally 😐 Surely Mevi will understand.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

The idea of memorialising members has floated around for a while, and it's something I'd like to put some thought into.

maybe something like it used to be on FB

2__Danny_Sullivan.png.f406cfb54a8cd85a13af2cfa1958101d.png

androiddevice_pair_en_us-2.thumb.png.a325d72e4ae7f975e95a251512550802.png