Add in conf_global 'offline_group' => n°X

MEVi

Hello,

With COVID I have lost members/friends. I need to close the accounts of these deceased members but I don't want to delete their publications.

In this context it would be necessary to have an offline group, which has the specificity that these members do not have an email address, nor a password that could be used except the pseudo.

Therefore it is not possible to connect to it without passing through the Admin console and again we could imagine having a blocking option. These default members cannot receive messages.

Another application, for RSS feeds I had to create fake users. In this case the offline group would be ideal.

The fact that it is necessary to delete the email address of a deceased person is relative to the possible reuse of the email address by a third party which could create a security flaw.

The difference between banned and offline is mainly related to the e-mail address.

Thank you for your attention to this improvement.

It's a pretty good idea. I'm for it.

It is better to add settings in ACP where after adding a user, on his profile there will be information that this user is unfortunately dead, and his avatar and cover will be in gray color, Buttons and Online Status would be hidden or something like that. This can be done via hook.

My vision 🤭

vision-rip.thumb.png.5b5032e10311270d7d5cf1bff28340b3.png

Edited by SeNioR-

Mevi I'm sorry for your loss too.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I'm also sorry Senior here is already writing your obituary!

This is just for example, please don't take it personally 😐 Surely Mevi will understand.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

The idea of memorialising members has floated around for a while, and it's something I'd like to put some thought into.

maybe something like it used to be on FB

2__Danny_Sullivan.png.f406cfb54a8cd85a13af2cfa1958101d.png

androiddevice_pair_en_us-2.thumb.png.a325d72e4ae7f975e95a251512550802.png

Hello, still alive and well. :blink:

On Facebook I have a few friends chatting with family members who are no longer alive. Every day they send a little note to their deceased parents. Facebook has added a feature for this scenario that makes it possible to delete the account in case of death, create a time capsule...

SeNioR- : It is better to add settings in ACP where after adding a user, on his profile there will be information that this user is unfortunately dead, and his avatar and cover will be in gray color, Buttons and Online Status would be hidden or something like that. This can be done via hook.

I'm not a fan of this, I prefer that this choice be given to the user of live sound. Because in case of a mistake like my premature death the member will lose part of his profile.

Matt: The idea of memorialising members has floated around for a while, and it's something I'd like to put some thought into.

The main reason I opened this topic is a security issue. Not all users use "commercial" email addresses, especially when using your product; they usually use an address associated with their domain name. In November 2020, I noticed abnormal activity on the account of some deceased users. A VPN used the "lost password" function to reactivate access to the accounts of the deceased. I had noticed this before, but I didn't pay attention to it until a deceased user's account was displaying spam on the website

This forced me to change the email addresses of these members to an internal address to prevent this type of intrusion. That's why I ask for a special "OFFLINE" group that has no email address and an impossibility to connect without a past via the CPAdmin. If there are members following this group, the subscriptions are cancelled and vice versa, as well as the possibility to send a message to it.

It might be interesting to make this group have another type of display for the profile, a kind of timeline with an "about" button that allows connected members to find out more. Making the member's profile inaccessible to the public makes it possible to respect the principle of the right to oblivion, because there are many people who have the same surname but are not from the same family.

The family members of one of the deceased request the deletion of their son's profile in accordance with the law of the right to oblivion. In two years, I will therefore have to delete his account without necessarily deleting the articles he published on the wiki and others. His account will join the other anonymous accounts, but I would like the administrators to still be able to identify the topics that the deceased member wrote, keeping his nickname but invisible to the public - a kind of memorial to avoid plagiarism in the future at a minimum, ensure that public topics are downgraded and visible only to community members.

I have other members who request the deactivation of their account; the reasons are often related to the death of a member and no longer see the point of pursuing their cause. In this context, members would be placed in this OFFLINE group.

Edited by MEVi