searching in custom databaze

It is kinda possible 🙂

Any field you have in your database can be used as a filter. If you activate that, then in your query when you make the filtering you can see the full query that you need to use.

In my database over hosting services for example I have a filter for OS and if I select Debian as the filter option, then my query look like this:

https://jimiwikman.se/operations/hosting/shared-hosting/?advanced_search_submitted=1&&content_field_238[fedora]=fedora&content_field_191[1]=none&sortby=record_rating&sortdirection=desc&record_type=all&time_frame=show_all

If you are a bit creative, then you can build this up to form the submit url for a search query. In theory anyway as I have not tried it yet 🙂

Not exactly accurate.

The "Allow filtering" option does not control the sort menu, but rather which fields are filterable.

That said, the filter form does not display by default on the page. What you need to do is open the sidebar widget manager and add a "Database Filters" widget to the list of records page to add the filter options.

image.png

This will give you the following (taken from our bug tracker here)

image.png

1 hour ago, bfarber said:

Není to úplně přesné.

„Povolit filtrování“ možnost se  nebude  ovládat nabídku třídění, ale pole, která jsou filtrovat.

Formulář filtru se tedy ve výchozím nastavení na stránce nezobrazuje. Co musíte udělat, je otevřít správce widgetů na postranním panelu a přidat widget „Filtry databáze“ na stránku seznamu záznamů a přidat možnosti filtrování.

image.png

Získáte následující (převzato z našeho trackeru chyb zde)

image.png

when you add this widget, nothing is displayed
c0d7f8eed21c8c6302a069f78010a98d.png