Logging in fails or times out when remember me not checked

I'm noticing an issue that on our site members who haven't selected "remember me" on login aren't staying logged in. They successfully authenticate, but then end up logged out.

How would we troubleshoot what's going on here? 

I can replicate by going to an incognito window, log in with remember me unselected, and then after typing in 2FA, I'm logged out. If I check "remember me," I stay logged in as expected.

1 hour ago, Paul E. said:

I'm noticing an issue that on our site members who haven't selected "remember me" on login aren't staying logged in. They successfully authenticate, but then end up logged out.

How would we troubleshoot what's going on here? 

I can replicate by going to an incognito window, log in with remember me unselected, and then after typing in 2FA, I'm logged out. If I check "remember me," I stay logged in as expected.

Does this happen with all the applications / plugins disabled? 

Yes, if you mean third-party applications/plugins. I also tried removing Cloudflare from the equation to rule that out. Weirdly--if clearing cookies, things start working again. I also confirmed server time was correct (we sync with atomic time).

Getting reports from users that they get logged out while composing posts and lose the content in CKEditor at times as well. I've not experienced this. In fact, I've seen stuff stay in CKEditor after it had been posted.. which seems odd.

19 hours ago, Paul E. said:

Yes, if you mean third-party applications/plugins. I also tried removing Cloudflare from the equation to rule that out. Weirdly--if clearing cookies, things start working again. I also confirmed server time was correct (we sync with atomic time).

Getting reports from users that they get logged out while composing posts and lose the content in CKEditor at times as well. I've not experienced this. In fact, I've seen stuff stay in CKEditor after it had been posted.. which seems odd.

Did you try all this on the default theme as well? What browser are people using for the most part where they see this happen?