christopher-w

First time I've really seen the new sidebar topic summary in action. Works really well especially on multipage threads.It gives a real flavour of what the thread is all about.

image.thumb.png.f9c76de29dc4d1f0d64b370a7f7855f7.png

Just a thought on this, it works so well that I am wondering whether something similar couldn't be used in topic lists. I've got a feeling it would do a better job than what we currently have:

image.thumb.png.d8723c110c32c2528760e9a0c2516968.png

Edited by christopher-w

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 11:14 AM, Matt said:

Appreciate the feedback, thanks!

We're constantly looking for new ways to improve content discovery. There are already widgets you can use to show popular content when viewing a topic list but we're definitely open to any ideas.

Would be really great to have slightly more control over the widgets. For example, on our community, we'd love a recent activity block that:

• Showed the name of the thread, but with the avatar and username of the person who just posted in it (rather than thread creator).
  • Showed the forum section where the thread is (so in this case, would have a small label saying 'feedback & ideas').

Additionally, perhaps some way to incorporate a user's custom activity stream within a sidebar block. The activity streams are such a great feature, but underutilised when buried away within the activity page. Having user's be able to see a shortlist of their chosen content (based on their own settings) right there on the homepage sidebar would be brilliant.

Edited by theipsguy