[Commerce] Payments

Go to solution Solved by bfarber,

I did a search and didn't find anything that remotely related to what my question is but if it exists and I simply missed it, I do apologize for asking again. There may be a a reason why I didn't find it though, as my question might seem odd. 

I have a need to not only receive payments but to also send payments. I have looked through the functions and do not see a way for me to send payments. I thought that maybe on the off chance I may have missed it or not looked at it properly, to ask.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

TYIA 

• Solution

The software is more focused around receiving payments than sending payments, so there is not a lot of functionality built in to "send" payments.

You can issue refunds through the software, including partial refunds.

You can issue account credit to users which can be used to make future purchases.

When issuing account credit, you can allow users to make withdrawls as has been noted.

But beyond that, you can't just open an input field and specify an arbitrary amount of money to send a user through whatever payment processor you may be using.

19 hours ago, bfarber said:

The software is more focused around receiving payments than sending payments, so there is not a lot of functionality built in to "send" payments.

You can issue refunds through the software, including partial refunds.

You can issue account credit to users which can be used to make future purchases.

When issuing account credit, you can allow users to make withdrawls as has been noted.

But beyond that, you can't just open an input field and specify an arbitrary amount of money to send a user through whatever payment processor you may be using.

Thank you sir.