Server Requirement -InnoDB Table - Dynamic

Umar205523

Hi,

I logged in to my community AdminCP and received the notification (see attached image) the server doesn’t meet recommendations that InnoDB Tables are using compact row format.

I have self hosted forums. I contacted my hosting and asked them to change InnoDB Tables to use dynamic and they said this is only possible under a dedicated hosting plan which is out of my budget. My site is 8 years old and I always had IP Forums with no problems.

Given the situation, I would like to request that please don’t make this requirement mandatory or customers like myself will have no option other than to migrate to other platforms.  I am very sad right now. I don’t want to move from IP but this message is something that I can’t do anything. My hosting is with FatCow.

thanks. 

EA793631-4731-4A70-B06C-1DED1609B8B3.thumb.jpeg.00227cee024a56f643b5664292e3147c.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, L4D2Noob said:

ALTER TABLE NAMETABLE engine=MyISAM;

set global storage_engine=MYISAM

This would change the engine to MyISAM, not InnoDB, and would not address the row format that the message displays. I would not recommend going to MyISAM from InnoDB to make this message go away. You run a much higher risk of data loss and corruption with MyISAM over InnoDB.