Mark forum read option easier to find

Greek76

1 minute ago, Greek76 said:

I have a few members that complained about how its difficult for them to mark forum read and to be honest after they mentioned that to me I had a hard time finding that option. Maybe in your next release you can make it a lot easier to apply? 

Mark Forum As Read option is very easy to spot imo. You can not miss it. Are you using a custom theme which has moved it someplace else?

3 minutes ago, Greek76 said:

I know its at the bottom of the screen but Im guessing my users don't want to have scroll that far down or have to look for it lol. Yes I am using a custom theme. 

That is what I thought. As mentioned above, you must contact its designer to move it back to its original place. 

Since screen real estate is more limited on mobile devices, the most common and important elements need to be emphasized. While I sympathize with what you are bringing up here, the reality is that most average users are not regularly attempting to mark the forum as read (but they are regularly attempting to scroll through and read through topics). This is why the button may be de-emphasized on mobile.

2 hours ago, bfarber said:

the reality is that most average users are not regularly attempting to mark the forum as read (but they are regularly attempting to scroll through and read through topics). This is why the button may be de-emphasized on mobile.

Out of interest can i ask were you get this information from ?

Have i got big brother monitoring the actions of my forum members 😁

No, we don't track click areas on your community with that option.

I think it's fairly obvious what the average user is doing when browsing a forum and using it. The vast majority of users are reading, and perhaps replying, not using auxiliary features like marking a forum as read.