Support team issue! the support is missing here!

IceCore

Hey team!

Since I back after a few years that I was offline and started pay for the support again, and again I'm disappointing!

almost every ticket that I wrote, the support team referred me to someone else as their issue and not related to the board, example:

My issue: RSS imported feed images too wide for mobile theme

Answer: This looks to be because they have specific sizes set for them. As we do not control that content, you would need to contact the Feed author on this.

---

My issue: I'm trying to send a HTML in the post content and it suddenly stopped to work properly.

test test test test</br></br>

... The issue can be reproduced easily with "SOME ADDON NAME" addon.

Answer: If the issue is happening only when the plugin there is enabled, you need to contact the author of that plugin. We cannot assist with 3rd party items unfortuantely.

The answer was simple in this one...

---

Exception in the:

POST /core/clubs
POST /core/clubs/{id}

Not solved yet! Month ago and keep counting...

---

My issue: Task stuck and I unable to release it

Answer: You need to ask the author to correct this issue. ...

Why it's so complicated to really support, and not sending some reference and expect to solve my issues by my self, what's the point?

While I do think making RSS look good is the responsibility of the reader platform (in this case IPS), I don't think it's fair to expect IPS to provide support on plugins. They're right to correct you to the author there - they don't maintain that code, they didn't get paid money for the plugin (if its a premium one), they don't know how it works, so they can't help you fix it. 

I'm not expecting from them to fix the 3rd party issues but, as I mentioned the rss feeds, they can do a limitation of the images size when fetched.

The api for the clubs, why this takes so long? I'm willing to use it soonest as possible... 

If the task of the ips stuck in the CP, why it's related so someone else? It's IPS tasks system...😒 

@IceCore

If the RSS has a manual size for the image loaded there is really no reasonable reason that IPS should be stripping this data. Something that could be done is maybe some magic CSS voodoo but I don't know what/where/anything about the feed itself.

Second, if the task IS a third party task (so it was made for a plugin etc) then you also STILL can't expect IPS to fix it. Anything that isn't core to IPS they cannot reasonably field. In this case it sounds like the task in question was installed to facilitate a third party application or plugin which means that the error is with that plugin/application.

Just because IPS offers developers the ability to implement tasks doesn't mean that they are responsible when the code fails from the third party application.

• Management

Hi there. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and I'm sorry for your disappointing support experience. I've taken the liberty to review your ticket history as well as your community itself. I counted almost 50 third party plugins, 15 third party applications for a total of over 200 "hook" points. That is, by most definitions, a fairly significant amount of modifications. There is nothing inherently wrong with that and we of course welcome and encourage you to personalize and tailor the software to meet your needs, however, it does limit the amount of support we are able to provide.

I often use an automotive analogy... there are some vehicle owners that make a significant amount of customizations to their vehicle. Some, such as cosmetic changes (tinted windows, spoilers, etc.) have no real impact on the integrity or reliability of the vehicle and there are no warranty issues with the dealer. If, however, you add an aftermarket device designed to change the behavioral parameters of the vehicle (eg. an ECM 'tuner', an electronic device that plugs into the ODB port, an aftermarket head unit, etc.) - it is not a realistic expectation for the manufacturer (and dealer) to warrant and support the vehicle unless the concern is directly related to a "stock" defect or root cause.

In the case of your current support request (RSS feeds and image dimensions) - I've looked at the origin feed and the height/width attributes are indeed being sent in the feed itself. Invision Community simply imports what is provided in the feed. You would, as noted in the request, unfortunately need to work with the feed author to remove the hardcoded attributes in the feed.

I wish I had better news for you and I understand how difficult and frustrating it is sitting between developers/manufacturers and third parties/aftermarket, as a consumer.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and I hope your experience improves moving forward.

12 hours ago, Morrigan said:

@IceCore

If the RSS has a manual size for the image loaded there is really no reasonable reason that IPS should be stripping this data. Something that could be done is maybe some magic CSS voodoo but I don't know what/where/anything about the feed itself.

Second, if the task IS a third party task (so it was made for a plugin etc) then you also STILL can't expect IPS to fix it. Anything that isn't core to IPS they cannot reasonably field. In this case it sounds like the task in question was installed to facilitate a third party application or plugin which means that the error is with that plugin/application.

Just because IPS offers developers the ability to implement tasks doesn't mean that they are responsible when the code fails from the third party application.

Thanks for the explanation that I didn't received in this way..." Anything that isn't core to IPS they cannot reasonably field."

3 hours ago, Lindy said:

Hi there. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and I'm sorry for your disappointing support experience. I've taken the liberty to review your ticket history as well as your community itself. I counted almost 50 third party plugins, 15 third party applications for a total of over 200 "hook" points. That is, by most definitions, a fairly significant amount of modifications. There is nothing inherently wrong with that and we of course welcome and encourage you to personalize and tailor the software to meet your needs, however, it does limit the amount of support we are able to provide.

I often use an automotive analogy... there are some vehicle owners that make a significant amount of customizations to their vehicle. Some, such as cosmetic changes (tinted windows, spoilers, etc.) have no real impact on the integrity or reliability of the vehicle and there are no warranty issues with the dealer. If, however, you add an aftermarket device designed to change the behavioral parameters of the vehicle (eg. an ECM 'tuner', an electronic device that plugs into the ODB port, an aftermarket head unit, etc.) - it is not a realistic expectation for the manufacturer (and dealer) to warrant and support the vehicle unless the concern is directly related to a "stock" defect or root cause.

In the case of your current support request (RSS feeds and image dimensions) - I've looked at the origin feed and the height/width attributes are indeed being sent in the feed itself. Invision Community simply imports what is provided in the feed. You would, as noted in the request, unfortunately need to work with the feed author to remove the hardcoded attributes in the feed.

I wish I had better news for you and I understand how difficult and frustrating it is sitting between developers/manufacturers and third parties/aftermarket, as a consumer.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and I hope your experience improves moving forward.

Thanks for the answer, the marked part I expected to see from the support, the referred request was like "Go to the RSS author, they are the 3rd party here..." while I'm not a PHP developer so I can't say what is includes the support from the core and what doesn't.

And about the modifications, since I can't install them in the localhost, as a Hebrew language translator, this is the only way I can translate the modifications. =\