Hotspot Image [Support Topic]

Hi @ReyDev,

You definitely have a promising application here!  I do have a couple of questions (apologies if they've already been asked):

1. Will these hotspot configurations work in Gallery pics?  And if they do, I assume they do not conflict with the existing Notes function for images there?
  2. Will these hotspot configurations work for product images in Commerce?  It wasn't clear to me from your website's demo.

Secondary to this: I was wondering if you were considering making them compatible with images in other applications, e.g. @onlyME's Slider Maker or Forum Cover?

Thanks!

Hi @liquidfractal

2 hours ago, liquidfractal said:
  • Will these hotspot configurations work in Gallery pics?  And if they do, I assume they do not conflict with the existing Notes function for images there?
  • Will these hotspot configurations work for product images in Commerce?  It wasn't clear to me from your website's demo.

There are currently no settings for these two modes.

t wasn't clear to me from your website's demo.

One of the uses is to put several spots on the image and link each one to a product. Note that the product image cannot be displayed this way

Secondary to this: I was wondering if you were considering making them compatible with images in other applications,

Slideshow mode will be created asap.

13 hours ago, ReyDev said:
16 hours ago, liquidfractal said:
  • Will these hotspot configurations work in Gallery pics?  And if they do, I assume they do not conflict with the existing Notes function for images there?
  • Will these hotspot configurations work for product images in Commerce?  It wasn't clear to me from your website's demo.

There are currently no settings for these two modes.

Do you think this might be implemented in the future?  Personally I'm more interested in having this work for Gallery images, but if they work for images posted in Forums that's pretty cool too. 🙂 

Edited by liquidfractal
7 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

Do you think this might be implemented in the future?  Personally I'm more interested in having this work for Gallery images, but if they work for images posted in Forums that's pretty cool too. 🙂 

unfortunately given the time it takes to review and implement, I have no plans to do them right now. 

1 hour ago, liquidfractal said:

Hi @ReyDev...just so I'm sure I'm on the same page as far as functionality goes: Hotspot Images currently works with images posted in Forums and Blogs but not (at least not now) images in Pages articles, Gallery, or Commerce.  Is this right?

Thanks!

If you mean posting hotspot images as part of blog and forum topics  (in the editor), the answer is no.
you can use it anywhere and unlimited number, even use more than one widget per page, But they can not be used in the editor or as a blog or forum cover.

Edited by ReyDev
14 hours ago, ReyDev said:

If you mean posting hotspot images as part of blog and forum topics  (in the editor), the answer is no.
you can use it anywhere and unlimited number, even use more than one widget per page, But they can not be used in the editor or as a blog or forum cover.

Sorry....I think I misunderstood the app.  So you add a hotspotted image as a widget using the Manage Blocks arrow at the left side of the screen?  My apologies....I think I misread something down the line! 🤪

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, ReyDev said:

Hi,

Definitely possible, but we have no plans to do.

Well, would be nice if support could be added.

I use it right now, but I would like to have instead of a static png a gif and also an option that when they hover over a point that a "gif" shows and autoplays, currently only Mp4 is possible there and it does not loop.

51 minutes ago, ZLTRGO said:

Well, would be nice if support could be added.

I use it right now, but I would like to have instead of a static png a gif and also an option that when they hover over a point that a "gif" shows and autoplays, currently only Mp4 is possible there and it does not loop.

@ZLTRGO sorry, I think I did not understand what you exactly meant.
Do you want to add these `.gif/mp4/...` extensions as a content of a spot?! or the main Hotspot image?

Edited by ReyDev
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, beats23 said:

Hi, this is a great app but its limited to displaying in blocks only. It would be great if you could code it so it's accessible via the CKeditor, that way, we could post hotspot anywhere there's an editor access. Would this be possible? 

Hi,
it's possible but i have to change a lot of things. I will probably do this in the future because I am currently working on new updates for the story app.