Run Background Processes at Server level?

20 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Set up a CRON job, as per settings in the ACP

The problem is the cron job just isn't fast enough. We're already using CRON to run tasks, which includes the Queue task, which handles the background processes. I'm wondering if there's a way to speed this up without using the web interface's Run Manually.

6 hours ago, AlexWright said:

Conversion to XenForo. Which, unfortunately, requires the files to be localhosted.

ahhh I see - Yes I had same issue as you with PHP memory being exhausted when running the job manually (moving localhost > S3) and I was able to set PHP limit to 512MB and completed pretty quickly after that. 

5 hours ago, VR6Pete said:

ahhh I see - Yes I had same issue as you with PHP memory being exhausted when running the job manually (moving localhost > S3) and I was able to set PHP limit to 512MB and completed pretty quickly after that. 

Yeah. Turned out not to matter anyways. Not enough space on the server. Invision's ACP showed 212 GB of space used for gallery...really it's more like 800 GB with the double copies of every item (small and large version plus original). I'm still wondering why the Invision widget showed total of 212 GB of gallery disk space, unless that's just originals? Seems kind of pointless to list just that if in fact the size is much larger.