Members DMs disabled

47 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

Hey fam, quick question. A tonnn of my members have their DMs disabled (even though they are enabled in groups). Wondering why this could be and if there's an option to enable all DMs if they're currently disabled. Is there a swift way to do this versus one by one? 

Assuming that by dm you mean ppersonal messages, you can do it with a sql query. First make a backup of your core_members then run this query:

UPDATE core_members SET	members_disable_pm = 0;

Hope it helps.

On 12/3/2020 at 12:25 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

Or the 'tonnn' of users have chosen to disable their PMs.

@breatheheavy How many is a 'tonnn', exactly?

Good question. I'm not sure how to quantify this, but I get at least 5 people every day reaching out wondering why they can't access their PMs. I have to manually go in and do it each time.

On 12/3/2020 at 11:59 AM, Miss_B said:

Assuming that by dm you mean ppersonal messages, you can do it with a sql query. First make a backup of your core_members then run this query:

UPDATE core_members SET	members_disable_pm = 0;

Hope it helps.

Low-key nervous to run this lol. Is this done in WHM? 

4 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

Low-key nervous to run this lol. Is this done in WHM? 

There is no reason to be nervous. All you have to do is copy the query, paste it at the sql box at phpmyadmin and run it. Make sure to select the correct database and make a backup of the core_members table.

Well, maybe you want to find out the scope first. This would set everyone's pm to enabled. Maybe you (or they) don't want that.

SELECT count(1) FROM core_members WHERE members_disable_pm = 1 

Would tell you how many are disabled.

Assuming, however that something is disabling your PMs for your members and you and they don't intend that to happen, running what @Miss_B provided above will do nothing to fix that problem for you. It would have the effect of you going into the ACP and enabling the PMs (without logging an audit trail that you did so in the activity that appears in ACP.

I'd figure out what's breaking it first, see how many get disabled on average every day (run the query above to see how many are disabled at the time you run the query), and then work with support to identify what the issue is.

Have you reached out to support?

Edited by Paul E.
More thoughts.