Blog: switch from WordPress to IPS Pages, good idea or not?

DreamOn

Hello,

I currently have a WordPress blog with over 400 articles. I also use the forums, blogs and downloads from IPS.
WordPress and IPS each have their own domain name.
I created a plugin that automatically syncs WordPress users with IPS members.

For convenience, I wonder if it would be a good idea to switch from WordPress to IPS Pages for the blog part and only use IPS.

I have advanced use of WordPress. I am using blade as a template engine, webpack to compile the assets, use composer to manage plugins and I create a script that deploys my site from local to remote using my git repo when it's OK.

I hate GUI to design a website, I don't want to deploy my changes without versionning it, I prefer to code and deploy then.

Do you think IPS Pages is a good solution for me?
Can I don't use IPS GUI and only use code to do what I want?
Could I create my blog posts as easy as WordPress?

Thank you!

I love Pages but WP is FAR more seo optimized.  I can't compete with my competitions site on SEO. Also, they due AMP via a plugin which gives them extra Google love on mobile search. Pages is also SUPER heavy on page resources (not needed JavaScript and css) which kills the pagespeed scores lowering things further.  

Again I use Pages but would suggest IP developers take heed if they ever want to woo people away from WordPress. 

7 minutes ago, Fast Lane! said:

I love Pages but WP is FAR more seo optimized.  I can't compete with my competitions site on SEO. Also, they due AMP via a plugin which gives them extra Google love on mobile search. Pages is also SUPER heavy on page resources (not needed JavaScript and css) which kills the pagespeed scores lowering things further.  

Again I use Pages but would suggest IP developers take heed if they ever want to woo people away from WordPress. 

Thanks!

I will stay to WordPress so...

It's a shame IPS doesn't provide a light app just for blog posting.

I don't like WordPress very much because of his dinosaur code, even if some boilerplates and themes make it better.

I will try to look at some modern CMS alternatives like OctoberCMS, Bolt, PyroCMS...

11 hours ago, DreamOn said:

With Blogs, we can't define only one blog as the main content of the site like a WordPress.

You do not need blogs if you would like to have only one blog. IPS Blogs are designed for community members. It's a multi-blog solution. If you need a blog written by community owner only or even a group of approved members than you should stay with Pages. See also IPS community blog https://invisioncommunity.com/news/ that is based on Pages and not Blogs. 

Pages is surely not so powerful like WordPress out of the box. Pages are still highly customizable. If you outline what you exactly miss in Pages, then it can be extended. I cannot think of anything that cannot be done with Pages. 

IPS will never provide WordPress functionality for the blogs, or Magento/Presta Shop features for Commerce. IPS is for building communities first, not writing blogs and not building powerful shop solutions. On the other side BuddyPress or Magento Forum will never reach out to IPS. They are just not designed to be a strong community software. 

5 hours ago, Sonya* said:

You do not need blogs if you would like to have only one blog. IPS Blogs are designed for community members. It's a multi-blog solution. If you need a blog written by community owner only or even a group of approved members than you should stay with Pages. See also IPS community blog https://invisioncommunity.com/news/ that is based on Pages and not Blogs. 

Pages is surely not so powerful like WordPress out of the box. Pages are still highly customizable. If you outline what you exactly miss in Pages, then it can be extended. I cannot think of anything that cannot be done with Pages. 

IPS will never provide WordPress functionality for the blogs, or Magento/Presta Shop features for Commerce. IPS is for building communities first, not writing blogs and not building powerful shop solutions. On the other side BuddyPress or Magento Forum will never reach out to IPS. They are just not designed to be a strong community software. 

Thank for your reponse.

IPS Converts can convert WordPress posts to IPS pages?

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Michael Pedrotti said:

I mean SEO wise for ranking. 

I agree, if your main focus is SEO content, you should go with WordPress, if your main focus is commerce, you should use Shopify, Presta or Magento. If your main focus is community, you should go with IPS 😜 If you have a mix, you can mix different platforms to get the most of them. Integration is technically not so robust as all-in-one-solution and requires (a lot of) custom code to get it work smart way together.