Community

ANNOUNCEMENT: Marketplace Black Friday 2020

Black Friday 2020: All Retailer Ads, Best Deals, Store Closings, And More -  GameSpot

MARKETPLACE 2020 BLACK FRIDAY EXPERIENCE

Starts Now.  Shop Now. 

THE EXTRAORDINARY IPS MARKETPLACE COMMUNITY IS COMING TOGETHER FOR THE FOURTH ANNUAL MARKETPLACE BLACK FRIDAY SALE!! NO INTERNATIONAL PANDEMIC IS GOING TO STOP US FROM GREAT SALES 🤩

BETWEEN NOW AND THE END OF THE YEAR, GET THE BEST PRICES OF 2020 FROM ALL OF YOUR FAVORITE THEMERS, DESIGNERS, AND CODERS. IF THEY'RE NOT PARTICIPATING, THEN YELL AT THEM.  THEY PROBABLY JUST FORGOT.  

YOU NEED NEW APPS, THEMES, AND PLUGINS FOR 2020. WE MAY NOT HAVE TOILET PAPER, BUT WE HAVE ALL THE OTHER STUFF YOUR COMMUNITY NEEDS.  IT'S BEEN A HECK OF A YEAR.  WE HAD THE MURDER AND MAYHEM OF TIGER KING.  WE HAD KOBE BRYANT DIE.  WE HAD SPANNER DIE.  WE HAD A LITTLE FLU THAT SHUT DOWN THE WORLD ECONOMY.  MY NEIGHBOR'S DOG WONT STOP BARKING WHILE I REMOTELY WORK FROM HOME.  ITS BEEN A LOOOOONG YEAR.

What's Different This Year

Due to safety precautions surrounding the international Covid-19 pandemic and following best practices from the CDC, we are are proactively instituting the following health and safety protocols so customers can safely enjoy our files.  

1.  Purchase Limits -- Customers will be limited to the purchase of 2 toilet papers at anytime.  All other Marketplace purchases are unlimited.  

2.  Contactless Payments -- Customers will be encouraged to use contactless payments such as PayPal, Stripe, or Account Credit to check-out their files.  It's literally the same check-out as last year, or any other day of the year, or any Commerce transaction on any IPS community, but whatever.  We're going to give it a buzzy new name.       

3.  Curbside Pick-Up -- Files will be safely delivered to the download folder's digital curbside.  

4.  Mask Requirement -- All customers will be required to wear a mask while shopping.  Just for giggles.  

Thanks @Joel R for starting this,

My resources in Marketplace for IPS 4.5 are now received massive discount.

Discounts for resources that are only available to IPS 4.4 or below, Contact me via PM

black-friday-banner.jpg.fda3a377f1bf421792a1189af80de95d.jpg

Edited by shahed
  • $28 – Proxy, VPN & Disposable Email Blocker
    The application allows you to detect registrations made using one-time or incorrect email addresses, proxy, VPN, Tor, attackers and abusers IP addresses, as well as IP addresses from certain countries.

• $12 – Click to Mention
    The plugin adds the ability to quickly mention a user by clicking on a special button next to their post or comment.

• $16 – No External Links
    The plugin allows you to hide external links in user-published articles, posts, and comments, making them internal.

• $28 – Yandex.Money Payment Gateway
    The application allows your customers to pay in Commerce using their credit card, Yandex.Money account or mobile phone balance.

Black Friday Sale information - for the whole of November, a "Buy One Get One Free" offer is in place where purchasing one of my applications or plugins will entitle you to claim any of the others of same price or lower. To take advantage of this BOGOF offer, simply send me a PM after you have made your first purchase and indicate to me which application or plugin you would like as your freebie.

UP TO DATE INFORMATION IS IN MY SIGNATURE

IPS 4.5 compatible

(NE) Hide content - (NE) Topic Summary - Images Controls(NE) New member awareness - (NE) Display name updater - (NE) Display Name Validator - (NE) Editor content limits - (NE) Mention list enhancements - (NE) Control signature display - (NE) Hide poll results - (NE) Collapse pinned topics

IPS 4.4 compatible (and will be updated to be IPS 4.5 compatible)

(NE) HTML5 Audio/Video Player(NE) oembedServices management(NE) Dice Roller - (NE) Display ads within posts - (NE) Per-group 'Posting' settings

Edited by Nathan Explosion

It's great to see a sale running and so many plugin authors getting involved, but I think some of the authors need to think about their listing looks with 'black friday sale etc' put at the front of the title. This is what I see on the marketplace at the moment, so for most of the plugins I now have no idea what they are based on the titles, which is a bit frustrating and probably not ideal for making extra sales. 

marketplace.thumb.png.9c0f070f40d485ac9101fa55741c2ff6.png

@A Zayed @Adriano Faria @Nathan Explosion

Edited by Dll
4 hours ago, Dll said:

I think some of the authors need to think about their listing looks with 'black friday sale etc' put at the front of the title.

Agreed.  And since BF is now something of an institution for Invision (thank you @Joel R for the indefatigable annual promos!), I think it would be really cool if, instead of inserting "Black Friday SALE" or whatever into the app title, there should be a "BF" "bang" icon (or something) in the corner of the app's tile.  Something easily recognisable at first glance but which does not interfere with app details.  Even better if this could be automatically added by Marketplace if an app is modified specifically for BF...?

Edited by liquidfractal
On 11/19/2020 at 9:46 AM, Dll said:

It's great to see a sale running and so many plugin authors getting involved, but I think some of the authors need to think about their listing looks with 'black friday sale etc' put at the front of the title. This is what I see on the marketplace at the moment, so for most of the plugins I now have no idea what they are based on the titles, which is a bit frustrating and probably not ideal for making extra sales. 

marketplace.thumb.png.9c0f070f40d485ac9101fa55741c2ff6.png

@A Zayed @Adriano Faria @Nathan Explosion

This is a great suggestion, and I listed it in past years as part of my 'best practices' for authors to consider.  However, it's ultimately up to the authors on whether or not they take the time to update each individual listing. 

Some other notes:

1.  I'm very supportive of IPS adding in a discount feature directly into Downloads, so it can be a programmatic feature consistently applied across the entire Marketplace.  

2.  The Marketplace thumbnails were broken for a long time.  Pretty sure devs just stopped trying to fight the broken thumbnails and gave up.  

3.  If you see any Marketplace thumbnails for Black Friday, they were probably from last year's sale LOL.  

4.  Ya'll know the best deals are in the back of the store anyways, right?  

On 11/4/2020 at 4:37 AM, Joel R said:

YOU NEED NEW APPS, THEMES, AND PLUGINS FOR 2020. WE MAY NOT HAVE TOILET PAPER, BUT WE HAVE ALL THE OTHER STUFF YOUR COMMUNITY NEEDS.  IT'S BEEN A HECK OF A YEAR.  WE HAD THE MURDER AND MAYHEM OF TIGER KING.  WE HAD KOBE BRYANT DIE.  WE HAD SPANNER DIE.  WE HAD A LITTLE FLU THAT SHUT DOWN THE WORLD ECONOMY.  MY NEIGHBOR'S DOG WONT STOP BARKING WHILE I REMOTELY WORK FROM HOME.  ITS BEEN A LOOOOONG YEAR.

Yeah, l am fine with being strangled to the ground by cops, because l made the mistake of sculling a Zero coke on a rooftop, or l need to pledge allegiance to out dictator, while reciting war and peace and handing over my resume to grab a coffee, but tolerating my neighbors barking dog, no!

:biggrin:

12 hours ago, tmcom said:

Yeah, l am fine with being strangled to the ground by cops, because l made the mistake of sculling a Zero coke on a rooftop, or l need to pledge allegiance to out dictator, while reciting war and peace and handing over my resume to grab a coffee, but tolerating my neighbors barking dog, no!

:biggrin:

You sound like you're out of toilet paper.