I want to hide the name of the admins from the list of staff

19 minutes ago, Brian Adams_26528 said:

I want to hide the name of the admins from the list of staff members,

It only tells the bad guys which account to attack. I've had my site up for 2 weeks, not published yet, and is a private site, thus not searchable from search engine. Yet I have been locked out of my admin account 3 times now.

I do not think that that will help. When you say that you been locked out of your admin account 3 times now, what happened exactly btw?

You can customize the staff directory page by going to ACP > System > Staff Directory.

If you believe someone is maliciously attempting to access your account because they have your display name, you can switch logins to emails only as well. Those aren’t publicly viewable by the system.

23 hours ago, Jim M said:

you can switch logins to emails only as well.

Please tell me more

Two more things.

1. How do I force users to follow topics by default?

2. How do I tag someone in a topic? For example, say I'm starting a new message and I want user X to get a notification. I thought it was # username but that doesn't work.

TIA

5 minutes ago, Brian Adams_26528 said:

Please tell me more

You'll want to edit the standard login handler and choose email address as the authentication type in System > Login & Registration.

7 minutes ago, Brian Adams_26528 said:

1. How do I force users to follow topics by default?

You can only force users to follow content they've created. The following will change these preferences for new users:

Members > Notifications > Followed Content.

17 minutes ago, Brian Adams_26528 said:

2. How do I tag someone in a topic? For example, say I'm starting a new message and I want user X to get a notification. I thought it was # username but that doesn't work.

The @ symbol.