IPB 4.5 - Message on Board Index

Go to solution Solved by Morrigan,

Hi everyone,

in my previous 3.4 version I uses a hook or plugin called "Message on Board Index", it enabled me to post to message just below the header of the board index and also define which groups could see it (only guests, only members, etc.). This enabled me to have in introduction text for gust visitors or make an internal-only announcement, etc.

Is there something similar for 4.5? I know there is a global notification option or plugin for 4.5, but that's a) not limited to only the index and b) can't be restricted to certain groups, so it's not what I need.

Thanks! Didn't see this feature - was searching through in the backend.

These announcements are okay for super short notifications, which don't necessarily need explanations, something like "Server downtime tonight at 01:00 am" but not quite what I was looking for. Apart from the title, the actual text will be shown on a separate page once you click on it, which is not helpful for my needs. First of all, in my experience, people often don't click on stuff or don't realize it's clickable unless you add "Click Here!" to it. Also, either you highlight it in red, and people will will get annoyed over time "my god, what's sooo important?!" or you don't and people will completely ignore it. If the block could display it's text right there, that would help. Also, there is no option to have it sit only on the index page - also sad to leave out this option, as that's the first place you'd put it, but not necessarily on ALL the pages.