Community

IPB 4.5 - Customizing the index page forums listing?

AndreasW2000

Go to solution Solved by Morrigan,

I have been looking everywhere but did not find some way to customize this:

On the index page of my website I have categories and within them the various forums are listed. However, some forums have multiple subforums. This leads to the pretty ugly effect that ALL of their subforums are also listed on the index page, creating some huge blocks here and there. Where can I customize that I only want to see the categories and forums but not also the subforums?

• Solution

In forums > front > index > forumRow Find and remove this:

{{if $forum->hasChildren()}}
				<ul class="ipsDataItem_subList ipsList_inline">
					{{foreach $forum->children() as $subforum}}
						<li class="{{if \IPS\forums\Topic::containerUnread( $subforum )}}ipsDataItem_unread{{endif}}">
							<a href="{$subforum->url()}">{{if \IPS\forums\Topic::containerUnread( $subforum )}}<span class='ipsItemStatus ipsItemStatus_tiny {{if !\IPS\forums\Topic::containerUnread( $subforum ) && !$subforum->redirect_on}}ipsItemStatus_read{{endif}}'><i class="fa fa-circle"></i></span>&nbsp;{{endif}}{$subforum->_title}</a>
						</li>
					{{endforeach}}
				</ul>
			{{endif}}

On 10/29/2020 at 5:06 PM, Morrigan said:

In forums > front > index > forumRow Find and remove this:

<ul class="ipsDataItem_subList ipsList_inline">
						<li class="{{if \IPS\forums\Topic::containerUnread( $subforum )}}ipsDataItem_unread{{endif}}">
							<a href="{$subforum->url()}">{{if \IPS\forums\Topic::containerUnread( $subforum )}}<span class='ipsItemStatus ipsItemStatus_tiny {{if !\IPS\forums\Topic::containerUnread( $subforum ) && !$subforum->redirect_on}}ipsItemStatus_read{{endif}}'><i class="fa fa-circle"></i></span>&nbsp;{{endif}}{$subforum->_title}</a>
						</li>
					{{endforeach}}
				</ul>
			{{endif}}

@Morrigan I've got the same issue.  I'm apparently not as advanced though.  Where do you find that?

Never mind.  Found it.

Edited by Dknelson

In forums > front > index > forumGridItem Find and remove this:

<h4 class='ipsType_minorHeading ipsSpacer_top'>{lang="subforums"}</h4>
						<ul class="ipsList_inline">
								<a href="{$subforum->url()}">
									{{if \IPS\forums\Topic::containerUnread( $subforum )}}
										<span class='ipsItemStatus ipsItemStatus_tiny {{if !\IPS\forums\Topic::containerUnread( $subforum ) && !$subforum->redirect_on}}ipsItemStatus_read{{endif}}'>
											<i class="fa fa-circle"></i>
										</span>
									{{endif}}
									{$subforum->_title}
								</a>
							</li>
							{{endforeach}}
						</ul>
					{{endif}}