What is the language string for "user, user and user" liked

Go to solution Solved by Ziv Grosu,

5 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

What did you change? I've guided you to the various react_blurb_ language strings...so tell us what you've now done so we can help further

I already changed the strings "people : peoples" and all the things in that page when searched the "react_blurb" then came back to the topic view and still see "testuser, testuser1 and testuser2" I want to change the "and" word in "testuser, testuser1 and testuser2" to another word in hebrew. where can I find the "%s, %s and %s" string?

Edited by Ziv Grosu

2 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Mate...scroll down. There are MORE language strings further down than just the 2 in the screenshot...I'd put another one up, with all of them listed, but I'm now on a phone.

First of all thanks in advance. I translated those already:

react_blurb_you_and_others
react_blurb_you
react_blurb_others_secondary
react_blurb_others
react_blurb_just_you
react_blurb_generic
react_blurb

None of them include the "and" word.

2 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Thank you - now we know what you've done. Someone with more knowledge of languages will probably be able to help more - I'll take another look when I get back to my PC later.

Thank you. I hope someone else can help me with it. I tried to search the "and %s" word or anything else, but with no success. I also tried to look for "and" only , and didn't get it.

Edited by Ziv Grosu

<word key="like_blurb_others_secondary" js="0">and {# [?:more]}...</word>
<word key="react_blurb_others_secondary" js="0">and {# [?:more]}...</word>

Take another look at "react_blurb_others_secondary" and "like_blurb_others_secondary." Both of these contain the word "and."

Noting, that I don't know what the difference between "like" and "react" is here, but my guess is the like one is the one you've missed.

Edited by Paul E.

41 minutes ago, Paul E. said:

<word key="like_blurb_others_secondary" js="0">and {# [?:more]}...</word>
<word key="react_blurb_others_secondary" js="0">and {# [?:more]}...</word>

Take another look at "react_blurb_others_secondary" and "like_blurb_others_secondary." Both of these contain the word "and."

Noting, that I don't know what the difference between "like" and "react" is here, but my guess is the like one is the one you've missed.

it is not replacing the "username , username and username" line.

6 minutes ago, Ziv Grosu said:

it is not replacing the "username , username and username" line.

If you're sure you changed both like_ and react_ version of that string, I'd open a support request. Looking at the source code, I don't see any hardcoded "and"s that jump out as obvious in the blurb bits.

Just now, Paul E. said:

If you're sure you changed both like_ and react_ version of that string, I'd open a support request. Looking at the source code, I don't see any hardcoded "and"s that jump out as obvious in the blurb bits.

That is what I am going to do. I changed them and it is still not changing the line.

On 10/29/2020 at 7:52 AM, Ziv Grosu said:

Go to languages > look for: _list_format_ string. The original sentence is a, b and c , it has to be a translated to a, b yourword c

Put another word instead of "yourword" something that links to the "third" member. now it's working!

This has solved my problem.

This is correct. Note that it's used globally for "lists".