Page structure - Moved articles from WordPress to Pages

Go to solution Solved by borangeatx,

I was hoping someone could assist me with this...

I successfully converted my Wordpress articles to Pages.  Now I'm trying to recreate my site so that it is solely working off of the IPS suite.

How do I set my index page that I created to be THE index page that pulls up when folks type in my web address?  I don't want everything trailing off the forum directory, if that makes sense.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

The software needs to be installed in your web root.

In the AdminCP...

• Go to System > Applications and set Pages as the default application.
  • Under Pages > Pages you set the page you want to show as your index page as the default page.

And that's effectively it. When you do that, the forums application will be available under /forums (like it is on this community).

1 hour ago, bfarber said:

The software needs to be installed in your web root.

In the AdminCP...

• Go to System > Applications and set Pages as the default application.
  • Under Pages > Pages you set the page you want to show as your index page as the default page.

And that's effectively it. When you do that, the forums application will be available under /forums (like it is on this community).

Thanks!

Can I simply move the software to the root via cpanel instead of reinstalling?

• 3 months later...
On 10/27/2020 at 8:11 AM, bfarber said:

Yes. You will then need to update the URL stored in conf_global.php, and run the support tool in your AdminCP afterwards to clear caches.

Hi, can you elaborate on "run the support tool in your AdminCP afterwards to clear caches."

I appreciate it.

On 10/27/2020 at 8:11 AM, bfarber said:

Yes. You will then need to update the URL stored in conf_global.php, and run the support tool in your AdminCP afterwards to clear caches.

Moved my files which were in the /forums directory to the root and changed the url the my domain name in the conf_global.php file.

Looks like I have some css break stuff now as my site isn't working.  Any ideas on what I may have failed to do?

Did I miss not updating a url somewhere?

Edited by borangeatx

3 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Run the support tool to clear the site cache, and get it rebuilt?

Yeah, I did that and it cleared.  Still looks like there is no .css applied to any of the pages on the site.

Just now, borangeatx said:

Yeah, I did that and it cleared.  Still looks like there is no .css applied to any of the pages on the site.  Any other ideas?

2 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Good to hear..you basically ended up with 2 sites fighting over the same database hehe.

Any idea why I can’t add an article in Pages from the front-end?  It allows me to add an image but doesn’t show me the WYSIWYG Editor or even give me a place to add a title.

Works if I go through the admin CP and manage records.  

Thought I would ask. 

5 minutes ago, borangeatx said:

Any idea why I can’t add an article in Pages from the front-end?  It allows me to add an image but doesn’t show me the WYSIWYG Editor or even give me a place to add a title.

Works if I go through the admin CP and manage records.  

Thought I would ask. 

Check fields permissions in your database.