Hide Ignored Content Completly

54 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

Hi there, nice app. But wondering... isn't there already an ignore feature that hides content?

What happens when I ignore a member currently versus when this app is installed? 

Thanks! @Miss_B

The difference is that with this plugin, when you ignore someone, all their posts and topics will be completely hidden throughout the forum, activity feed page, Search Results and ignored members profiles. Also, the name of the ignored member will not show as the last poster either in the topic listing or forum listing. 

1 hour ago, Miss_B said:

The difference is that with this plugin, when you ignore someone, all their posts and topics will be completely hidden throughout the forum, activity feed page, Search Results and ignored members profiles. Also, the name of the ignored member will not show as the last poster either in the topic listing or forum listing. 

Just to clarify, how does that differentiate from when a user ignores another member without your app? 

Lol ok I ignored @V0RT3X666

I selected all, so his posts are gone. It's not super clear to me what this app does that the default settings don't. Without this app, will Vort3x's content also show in the activity feed, search results and members' profiles? But with the app his content will not show in the activity feed, search results and members' profiles?

"The same goes in the Activity Feed page, Search Results and ignored members profiles. Also, the name of the ignored member will not show as the last poster either in the topic listing or forum listing."

It would be awesome to show potential buyers

IPS default settings: hides abc

With this app: hides abc + xyz

@Miss_B

39 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

It's not super clear to me what this app does that the default settings don't.

IPS’ function only hides the content of a post. The post container still appears and you are able to reveal the content. Miss B’s version makes it so that nothing appears at all. 

I wish IPS would install it here. 😉 

Edited by opentype
3 minutes ago, opentype said:

IPS’ function only hides the content of a post. The post container still appears and you are able to reveal the content. Miss B’ version makes it so that nothing appears at all. 

I wish IPS would install it here. 😉 

Ahhh thank you for specifying lol. I'm a smart guy I swear 😂 

So this won't appear at all with this plugin eh? Interesting that IPS would still have this show. It's not really ignoring the user if you can still see them posting haha. 

Alright thank you!! Appreciate the clarification. 

63622273_ScreenShot2020-10-23at8_47_22AM.thumb.png.89bc3f974d1a3f0989c25f2bae52fbd5.png

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, LittleFang said:

Folks that are on somebody else's ignore list are getting error code 2F173/L on the ignored person's own thread.

Can you please create a test account for me at your forum so I could have a look at this?

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Florent Cadet said:

I purchased addon today, thank you.

I still have an issue: content posted by ignored user still appear in "Latest messages" widget.

Is there something to setup after a fresh succcessful install?

image.png.d8c416f4fe6d56c0e3b1b63d60a0c00c.png

Hello,

It is not hidden there, only throughout the forum. I have made a note of this though. 

4 minutes ago, Florent Cadet said:

Ok, annoying, it was my main purpose.

Is there a way to cancel my purchase and get a refund?

There is no refund for digital goods once you download them. Anyways, it has been stated clearly in the description that the ignored content will be hidden in the forum and the recent activity/search pages.

I do not mean to sound sound condescending/patronising, but you could have also asked a pre sale questions here, or contacted me, before you purchased it, to really make sure that it did what you wanted. 

18 hours ago, Miss_B said:

Anyways, it has been stated clearly in the description that the ignored content will be hidden in the forum and the recent activity/search pages.

Reading 3x addon description, it is still unclear to me that some content of an ignored user will still appear. Maybe you can add a statement like this: "Content of an ignored user will still appear using forum widgets".

Also, first assertion is false in my opinion:

This plugin will hide completely the contents of the ignored members.

Too bad for my 12 dollars, put it to good use 🙂

Edited by Florent Cadet
  • 4 months later...